Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, thought I'd post some pics from my recent trip to North Lake Tahoe. The RL did well and gas mileage was good. Started the trip with just over 1100 miles on the odometer and mileage had gone from about 16/17 mpg from day one to around 17/18mpg just before the trip. On the way home, I filled up and found I was getting just over 19mpg. Though, at $2.99/gal for regular unleaded it still kinda hurt. Didn't care though, it was a blast to have the RL in Tahoe. We don't have kids but our niece and nephew quickly nominated Uncle Tux's truck the coolest vehicle with the sliding rear window, moonroof, xm radio etc.... Well, here's some pics. First is a pic I found of my RL in the wild. Second should show the bed packed for the trip home. What was more impressive was all the stuff we had stuffed in there on the way up, additional food etc. The trunk came in handy too as it was stuffed with stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Didn't realize it till we got up there but just around the corner, well a few corners, from the place we rented was an entrance to the Rubicon trail. We decided to explore but I wasn't about to take on the trail in the RL. What's cool, is that they've developed about a 1.5 to 2 miles of paved road, leading to a staging area. Was kinda like rolling out the red carpet for off roading. Needless to say, once we hit the staging area we turning around. Seeing all the rock crawlers getting ready for the trail puts things into perspecting. However, I got two pics of the RL on the trail. One in front of an official sign and the other I took on the way out, when I noticed the Navi said we were on the "Rubicon Trl". :cool: You can even make out two of the 'bread-crumbs" I had turned on for the adventure. Not like we needed it, being a paved road but it gave me a chance to try it out. I should say, I did take it off the paved road but nothing major, so it did see dirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good stuff! Thanks for posting. It's about time I took my truck out for another road trip. It's been a month.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just noticed that you don't even have your plates yet. I took mine out camping twice before plates arrived as well. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Tux said:
Ok, here's the last one. Pic of sunset as I was driving next to the lake.
Nice sunset shot. I was wondering about the haze. Were there forest fires in the region? BTW, my wife's boss has a condo in North Lake Tahoe. We are free to use it any time it's available. We visited Tahoe 2 years ago next month for our wedding anniversary and loved the area. Plan to go back again-nice benefit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts