Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline RTL
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lower handle doesn't work, gate doesn't swing open horizontally.
I've been using the other handle to open the tail gate vertically, which works fine.
I took off the covers and it looks like one cable is broken.
Can anyone tell me which part it is, where does the other end connect to, and where is a good place to get one online in Canada?
It would be nice to get this fixed for the coming camping season, much easier to access the trunk with the gate swung open.

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline RTL
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. Unfortunately they are in US and the shipping is too expensive, $37 shipping on a $7 item.
I managed to order the cable from a local Honda dealer, which I don't like but, being pressed for time, it was the easiest course of action.
They don't stock the part and it's a special order but I should have it on Tuesday. The cost was $22 CA (2.5 times the price in US).

·
Registered
2007 Ridgeline RTL
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wanted to close this post by saying that once the cable arrived (Honda 74867-SJC-A00), it was easy to install and the gate opens now by swinging horizontally.
The actual handle is held by two nuts and the cable end just snaps out of it. The middle of the cable is held to the chassis by one plastic retainer so nose pliers are good to have to release it.
While I had the cover open, I sprayed all the friction points of moving parts with WD Silicone spray.

My next project is to fix the broken back seat that one of my friends broke when raising it without fully pulling the latch handle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts