Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
You might want to check with @DK-NY and check out this thread, Anzo 6-Function 49" LED Tailgate Light Bar he's going to get a G2 and install one soon. I'm unsure where your located but if your near him in NY you may want to contact him.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Danny and I are going to check out his LED tailgate light bar install on my G2 this afternoon! We'll check location, installation and best wiring connections, too. Stay tuned for results!!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Well, Danny and I examined my G2 for the fit of his G1 Tailgate LED Light bar kit, and aside from one concern of tailgate clearance, when lowering the tailgate, everything appears to be the same. We'll have a tailgate light bar on hand by the weeks end and know for certain the clearance and mounting positions. Will likely use a 7 to 4 trailer plug adapter to make for an easy electrical installation.
Hold tight, for a few days more, please!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VZboy - Can you tell me what the minimum height requirement is to fit the Line of Fire bar above the license plate? I have a very limited space there. Thanks

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Yes, I installed this one from Amazon a week ago. It is a flexible tape-based LED 48" system from AMBother. $17 It provides a full bar for running lights, brighter full bar for brake lights, left indicator, right indicator, full bar flash with hazards, and white LED back up lights.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01N30TE9C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

**You can also read my rather wordy Amazon review of the above under the handle - KWC-Indy.

Because it got high marks, I went with the Reese 7-to-5 pin converter. $15

That fifth pin out gives you the reverse light voltage and energizes the reverse light feature in white LEDs. Use the white wire lead into the 5th pin to get the brightest back up lights.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0008G1PMI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you don't care about adding the white LEDs for reverse, then it is just a simple 4-pin plug and play operation.

This mod was relatively easy and inexpensive. I am hoping it works to gain the attention of distracted drivers behind me, plus it just looks cool.

It is pouring rain here right now or I would snap a picture for you.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Update! Tomorrow Danny and I will try fit the Anzo LED Tailgate light bar and should have an answer for everyone! Thanks for your patience.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
We've located the position for the Anzo light bar; for clearances, it's on the slightly tilted surface, just above the license plate. Splicing in the two free wires will be done this evening. We're using an adapter plug for the bar's four pin flat connector. Once everything's connected, pics to follow!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone else used the Opt7 48" redline tailgate light bar shown below? It is interesting because it is only 1/2" tall and looks like it will fit on the vertical surface below the hand hole for the trunk. It also has a 2 year warranty and the tube is filled with silicone to keep water from getting to the less. Other light bars seem to have end caps but they are prone to leakage and ultimate failure of the bar.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Danny (DK-NY, Ridgeline Mods, eBay) and I completed the install and wiring routine for the Anzo 6 function LED tailgate bar this evening. Complete mod kit and install instructions/pics/pricing should be uploaded on his eBay web site by early next week!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Further info:
After last evenings wiring session, two important facts:

One, the visibility of the light bar cross the back, under the bottom lip of the tailgate, is very good!

Secondly, Danny is working a Honda part angle, that could make the light bar install completely Plug and Play, and avoid any taps or splicing into your truck's wiring harnesses, thereby possibly creating a warranty issue.

Danny's traveling the end of this week and through the weekend, so a final lightbar 'kit', pricing, and pics are at least a week or ten days off!

This is a nice, complete, and factory-like accessory that really enhances your rear-end warnings to all those distracted drivers itching to dent your new Ridgeline!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My concern with the Anzo light bar is the integrity of it's sealing against moisture. From what I can gather, the best way to ensure led longevity is to surround them with silicone. The companies that do so, offer better warranties. I don't think Anzo does this do they?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Further info:

One, the visibility of the light bar cross the back, under the bottom lip of the tailgate, is very good!

Secondly, Danny is working a Honda part angle, that could make the light bar install completely Plug and Play, and avoid any taps or splicing into your truck's wiring harnesses, thereby possibly creating a warranty issue.

Danny's traveling the end of this week and through the weekend, so a final lightbar 'kit', pricing, and pics are at least a week or ten days off!

This is a nice, complete, and factory-like accessory that really enhances your rear-end warnings to all those distracted drivers itching to dent your new Ridgeline!
Is this without compromising the towing plug?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Has anyone else used the Opt7 48" redline tailgate light bar shown below? It is interesting because it is only 1/2" tall and looks like it will fit on the vertical surface below the hand hole for the trunk. It also has a 2 year warranty and the tube is filled with silicone to keep water from getting to the less. Other light bars seem to have end caps but they are prone to leakage and ultimate failure of the bar.
If you do a search on OPT7 reviews of their light bar, many complaints of undersized/fragile wiring and issues with the turn signal action not working (whole light bar flashes)... :frown:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Further info:

I'm definitely interested in his new light-bar kit! Sign me up.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I visited Danny's online store but saw nothing related to light bar. Is he no longer doing this?

·
Registered
711 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts