Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation on which Tailgate light strip to use on 2G RL ? If so, is it a DIY or leave it to the experts to install ? Thanks !!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, I have an LED strip light on my 2019 Sport....

Using the OPTi 7 brand, 48-inch, single row, with hard back - aluminum frame. This replaced two other "roll" type led 48-inch strips that fogged up - crapped out with water damage within 2-3 months, after several car washes. Tip, don't buy the roll type - they leak (2 for 2)

I had this Opti7 hard back installed almost 2-years ago and it works perfectly.

I paid to have a reputable stereo installer - friend do this because:
-needs a 4pin connector and RLs are 7-pin connectors. I had the installer add a 4 pin connector that I provided.
-I didn't want tail light feature, only Brake, Hazard and turn signals
-for me, the reverse light feature is wired to a switch on the dash- which I flick on for tailgaters (instead of brake checking)

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Bumper

Gear shift Car White Light Vehicle

Hopefully you'll find this useful.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Using the OPTi 7 brand, 48-inch, single row, with hard back - aluminum frame. This replaced two other "roll" type led 48-inch strips that fogged up - crapped out with water damage within 2-3 months, after several car washes. Tip, don't buy the roll type - they leak (2 for 2)

-needs a 4pin connector and RLs are 7-pin connectors. I had the installer add a 4 pin connector that I provided.
-for me, the reverse light feature is wired to a switch on the dash- which I flick on for tailgaters (instead of brake checking)

View attachment 417435

View attachment 417436

View attachment 417437

View attachment 417438

Thanks for your recommendation. I’ll google the product for retailers, but am curious of your source.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport
632 Posts
I would also like one that works, most of the ones I see usually have burnt out bulbs in them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did a lot of research on this a couple of years ago and decided on the PUTCO tailgate light bar. they make them in 48" and 60". The 60" is a little shorter than 60" and fits perfectly. I had to use two small brackets to slightly lower the attachment of the licence plate to make space for the light bar to go all the way across and be angled properly so lights are directed outward.

PUTCO 60" blade LED tailgate light bar fits and works perfectly. I attached it to the tow light system with an adapter, but it can be hard wired to your brake and back up lights if you want to hard wire it/don't have tow package. I've had it installed for 1 1/2 years and I have not had one burned out light or problem. See the link below. My correspondence starts on item #138

I believe they now have (2) 18" bars which you could put on either side of the license plate to avoid having to lower the license plate with the brackets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

View attachment 417435

View attachment 417436

View attachment 417437

View attachment 417438

Absolutely !!!! Thank you so much !!!👍

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 48" OPTi7 bar available from Amazon is currently offering a $10.00 coupon, pricing this item at $43.00. The 60" bar also has the coupon.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The Putco 48" still working good for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the same thing as Yuriy on YouTube. but instead I used heatshrink butt connectors instead of the tappers and pulled the whole trailer light assembly down first to get better access.
Much cleaner overall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts