Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Tom...welcome to the ROC and thanks for sponsoring the site. I was wondering if your company had any offerings related to a tailgate lock for our Ridgelines. Any type would work. TIA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Very sorry for not responding sooner. Little communication problem with Mac and myself. I didn't know our page was set up yet. Plus, I was out in Utah visiting with the Edge Products people for a few days and was way behind on work when I got back. Anyway, at this time we don't have any listings for a tailgate lock for the Ridgeline. Pop & Lock told me that they were working on trying to design one, but couldn't give me an eta. I'll keep an eye out and add one to the site when they're available.

Tom
www.truckcustomizers.com
800-497-1780 ext 709

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. There are many members here that wish Honda would have designed a lock for the tail gate so, we are very interested in good and reliable after market solution. I look forward to your future posts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Bongus
I too am inyerested in a tailgate lock and have seen some listed but I know very little about the technical side of things. Why are you waiting for one to be developed instead of just buying one that is already on the market?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brent said:
Bongus
I too am inyerested in a tailgate lock and have seen some listed but I know very little about the technical side of things. Why are you waiting for one to be developed instead of just buying one that is already on the market?
Good question Brent. Basically, I'm looking for a better design. I understand the models that are available currently are functional to a certain degree. From what I've read, the current locks will not work if one were to pull hard on the tailgate handle. These models function by "jamming" the tailgate mechanism. It does not really lock the tailgate. If there are others that can chime in with further details, go right ahead. I hope to find a solution that would truely lock the tailgate similar to how the doors lock. I'm not interested in a jamming mechanism. Just my 2¢.:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts