Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at 2018 RTL-T today and considering an E. However it appears that the tailgate (not the trunk/under bed box) does not lock with the doors. Might be a deal breaker as I usually have longer items I put in the bed and lock the tailgate like on my Tacoma. Anyone else have this same concern and found a solution? Need to know before I commit to the RL.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Known issue. Install either the dynolock or the pop n lock kit.

·
Super Moderator
2,809 Posts
Known issue. Install either the dynolock or the pop n lock kit.
Pop & Lock is also releasing a manual key lock tailgate handle replacement in about a week or less. It's in a prerelease sale aimed at people like us for 20% off plus free shipping. That brings the total to about $88 for the manual lock only. The sale also applies to the other Pop & Lock solutions, which have been out for a while. The one you mentioned, opening the tailgate when you open the doors, is also on sale. There are installation threads on how to install both the DynoLock and Pop & Lock right here on the forums. The Pop & Lock sale ends February 14. The manual lock is supposed to ship on the 12th. Manual lock only comes in the color black.

·
Super Moderator
6,758 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have my own manual tailgate locks for my gen 2 Ridgeline. I went to Menards and purchased 2 stainless garden gate locks (approximately 4”long). I removed the 2 screws that hold tailgate protection cover on closest to the side walls of truck. Then I removed the 2 screws on the side walls closest the tailgate protector. I installed the eyebolts from garden gate lock set in the side wall screw locations. I installed the hook part of the garden gate where the tailgate protector holes were. I had to bend the hook parts slightly. Then I just pulled my Retrax lockable cover closed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses, now with a hard bed roller cover I’ll be good to go.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Could you snap a picture or two of that configuration and post it?

I have my own manual tailgate locks for my gen 2 Ridgeline. I went to Menards and purchased 2 stainless garden gate locks (approximately 4”long). I removed the 2 screws that hold tailgate protection cover on closest to the side walls of truck. Then I removed the 2 screws on the side walls closest the tailgate protector. I installed the eyebolts from garden gate lock set in the side wall screw locations. I installed the hook part of the garden gate where the tailgate protector holes were. I had to bend the hook parts slightly. Then I just pulled my Retrax lockable cover closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts