Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Honda will make a Tailgate locking unit or are their any aftermarket unit available that will fit the Ridgeline Tailgate (both gates)?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Snapshot,

if any of the ones on the market were to fit, it would only fit the dropdown, which would still leave the swing handle unlocked. The only way I know at this point to lock both is with the tonneau cover.

Robert

·
Registered
205 Posts
A company I know of makes a good electric and manual lock designed just for the Ridgeline. It locks both the swing lock and the up down locks at the same time you remotely lock your trucks doors.
A manual lock is also available, which is key operated

·
Registered
186 Posts
Snapshot said:
Does anyone know if Honda will make a Tailgate locking unit or are their any aftermarket unit available that will fit the Ridgeline Tailgate (both gates)?
BasicKoncepts (www.basickoncepts.com) makes several. Mine is on order..... a number of folks have installed these (search around on the site for more info from the members).

Here's the link for their locks: http://basickoncepts.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=2c9e158646f9809a3b2f6d82e1b130df

Here's the link for the installation instructions: http://www.basickoncepts.com/Ridgeline Tailgate Lock Instruction.pdf

Hope this helps:D

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
locking the tannau is pretty good, granted it doesn't lock with the keyless entry and you got to have a cover to lock the bed door that swings both ways to lock and you need a second key to unlock. Overall, i'm satisfied and gives me a double trunk within a trunk.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Vincent: Have you got more info on the locks you are talking about???

Would like to know.

Thanks

ALfer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my electric lock from truck gadgets.com $99 bucks and it really works. Took a while to figure out the instructions but a couple of calls and it was obvious they knew what they were talking about.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Louis, I visited truckgadgets.com, but I didnt see the Ridgeline listed for the electric tailgate lock. :confused:

Vinny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts