Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know at what point Honda started putting 4WD under the Ridgeline badge on the tailgate.

In earlier photos the 4WD is missing???

·
Registered
774 Posts
I also noticed the badge did not appear in my original brochure. But since my early production model has it (<2000 off the line), I can only assume that all trucks sold from the beginning has the 4WD badge.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine HAD it, but I took EVERYTHING off the tailgate (took me a whole ten minutes) and it looks great!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
doubledutyemt said:
Mine HAD it, but I took EVERYTHING off the tailgate (took me a whole ten minutes) and it looks great!
You and Steveberger have something in common! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
311 Posts
doubledutyemt said:
I've been thinking of doing this for a while now. I just looked at the installation instructions for the gold emblem kit to see how hard it would be to remove the existing emblems. Looks like a piece of cake for this non-gearhead-computer-junkie. I might just go do this tonight. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
methodtim said:
I've been thinking of doing this for a while now. I just looked at the installation instructions for the gold emblem kit to see how hard it would be to remove the existing emblems. Looks like a piece of cake for this non-gearhead-computer-junkie. I might just go do this tonight. :)
Ok! Help the rest of us understand the spirit behind removing all identifying symbols from the rear? What's up with that? (scratching my head but no symbols available!)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Ok! Help the rest of us understand the spirit behind removing all identifying symbols from the rear? What's up with that? (scratching my head but no symbols available!)
For me (and just for me), it's all about aesthetics. Removing the emblems from the rear just gives the truck a cleaner look to it. I've never liked too many emblems on the rear of any of my vehicles (one of the reasons I really appreciated my Accord 2-door was that all it had was Accord on the trunk... no EX/LX/DX, etc - very clean). My thought process doesn't really go any deeper than "I think it would look better that way." I hope you weren't looking for deep psychoanalysis or anything on that level; and if you were, I'm sorry to disappoint. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
At least part of me wants to do it to just mystify those that still don't know about the RL. :)

But before that, I think I wanted to do it for a cleaner, less cluttered look on the back - not that it's all that cluttered.

Haven't done it though. How hard is it to put them back on again - straight? :eek:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Grok Lobster said:
How hard is it to put them back on again - straight? :eek:
I don't know, but maybe Tex would. He shifted the position of his rear emblems completely and they seem to be straight. I think putting them back on straight isn't that hard; however, putting them on in the *exact* same place they were on before would be pretty much impossible.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Grok Lobster said:
At least part of me wants to do it to just mystify those that still don't know about the RL. :)

But before that, I think I wanted to do it for a cleaner, less cluttered look on the back - not that it's all that cluttered.

Haven't done it though. How hard is it to put them back on again - straight? :eek:
Once removed, never can be reapplied!! So better have new ones available if you want to reapply. As a matter of fact, the instructions came with the assumption that you were merely replacing the chrome emblems with the gold, at the same locations. However, I decided to be innovative is all! :)

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
I need a Ridgeline emblem from the tailgate for my sportwing project. I have a 2011 one and need a match. I will gladly trade a 4WD or Honda emblem for a ridgeline emblem. I guess they are all the same design.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts