Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2022 RTLE w/OEM Cover. I realize this is a minor issue, but irritating nonetheless. Is anyone else having an issue with water runoff streaking the tailgate? I do park on an inclined driveway. Bed rails and bed are clean. Thanks.

· Registered
67 Posts
Same here. Before and after aftermarket soft tonnaeu install.
Gonna really polish up the tailgate and see if it helps.
My guess is offgassing of plastic or whatever else is hidden inside of upper tailgate?

· Registered
220 Posts
2022 RTLE w/OEM Cover. I realize this is a minor issue, but irritating nonetheless. Is anyone else having an issue with water runoff streaking the tailgate? I do park on an inclined driveway. Bed rails and bed are clean. Thanks.
FWIW- I've noticed the runoff water, after washing, comes from water that was inside the tailgate's plastic cap. The next morning, I end up touching up / wiping off water stains with more spray wax, on the tailgate, rear window, and front doors under the side view mirrors.

· Registered
174 Posts
I find quite a few residual water runs after washing my truck.
I use my leaf blower and the blow the excess off the best I can, lower and close the tailgate, open and close all the doors and the hood.
Then wipe dry for the finish. Even after that I still get some dripping.
But hey, its a classic 1st world problem. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,861 Posts
I find quite a few residual water runs after washing my truck.
I use my leaf blower and the blow the excess off the best I can, lower and close the tailgate, open and close all the doors and the hood.
Then wipe dry for the finish. Even after that I still get some dripping.
But hey, its a classic 1st world problem. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like the water streaks from the mirror caps.

Reactions: DTHughes

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,480 Posts
I've had a couple white trucks and while I like the color, I've always had that issue from door handles, etc. I never notice it on my silver vehicles, but always see it on the white ones. My son has a white WRX. I've have to check his car for streaks too. He never washes it, so it should be obvious unless it's buried under the dirt. When I was his age, I couldn't abide a dirty car. Now that I'm older, dirty cars don't bother me as much as cleaning them does. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts