Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

2061 - 2064 of 2064 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just got the notice a couple weeks ago about my 2014 Passenger Side Air Bag Inflator Recall. I called the dealership and they said they would have to have a service manager call me. She said sometimes they would need to do an inspection. Now why would they need to do any inspection on something that is mandated by NHTSA as a recalled item. I don't care if it looks brand new if its part of the recall they should replace it no charge.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
I just got the notice a couple weeks ago about my 2014 Passenger Side Air Bag Inflator Recall. I called the dealership and they said they would have to have a service manager call me. She said sometimes they would need to do an inspection. Now why would they need to do any inspection on something that is mandated by NHTSA as a recalled item. I don't care if it looks brand new if its part of the recall they should replace it no charge.
My only thought is to "Verify" if it's been in a wreck which activated the airbags? Otherwise, call another dealer "STEALERSHIP" :grin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had my passenger airbag replaced due to recall last week - quick and easy. After I received the notice in the mail, I called my nearest dealer and setup an appointment. Took about 1.5 hours but no issues at all - they even washed my truck and didn't try to sell me any other services!

2061 - 2064 of 2064 Posts