Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

801 - 820 of 2064 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I was given a Terrain by Enterprise. Today is the 30th day of the loaner. Just got a call from my Honda Dealer that the part(s) has come in. They are going to flatbed my RL to the dealer today for the repair. Anyone else been notified that the parts are available?
RidgeCody, what State are you in ? My dealer told me the same thing about picking up the RL and flat bedding to dealer, I'm only 10 miles away from dealer, seems kinda foolish to me....

·
Super Moderator
22,686 Posts
When my dealer calls, I plan to give him the option to extend my loaner and take care of other vehicles since he's probably getting about $1200/month income on my loaner Accord. I don't know if he'll have that option to extend or not. But I'm willing unless I'm really needing a truck bed soon.

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
When my dealer calls, I plan to give him the option to extend my loaner and take care of other vehicles since he's probably getting about $1200/month income on my loaner Accord. I don't know if he'll have that option to extend or not. But I'm willing unless I'm really needing a truck bed soon.
Same here. I'm hoping for as much time and mileage depreciation as possible on the loaner CR-V that I plan on buying. The cash I'll receive from the dealer will buy me a hitch and trailer for those rare occasions I need something that won't fit in the CR-V.

·
Registered
3 Posts
RidgeCody, what State are you in ? My dealer told me the same thing about picking up the RL and flat bedding to dealer, I'm only 10 miles away from dealer, seems kinda foolish to me....
I'm in NJ. Just got a call that the repair is done. They flat bedded the RL so I can bring them the rental (I can't drive 2 vehicles at 1 time, lol). Dealer wants the rental back to loan out to other customers. Enterprise told me that was fine with them. They'll handle it with the dealer.

Thanks for the replies that others are also getting calls the parts are in. It was surprising since it's much earlier then expected. It will be nice to get back into the RL.

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
I will no longer feel safe driving my Ridgeline even after the inflator is replaced since it will be replaced by a dealership employee rather than an airbag manufacturer. Too many variables involved.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Just got a call that the parts are in. Now let's see if it's the correct part.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I find myself scratching my head now. I admit I do have a generally negative opinion of most dealers...I sure hope they are installing the correct parts since we've been told numerous times the parts availability will be later in the year.

·
Registered
679 Posts
wow, good to hear.

so much for the 01-06 southern trucks getting the first supplies... lol

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
Jack O' Diamonds Honda in Tyler, TX just called a few minutes ago and told me they received one inflator. I was the first person to come in for the recall and get a loaner, so it's mine. They can replace it as early as this afternoon. Without my asking, they said if I wanted to relinquish it to another customer then I was welcome to keep driving the loaner, but that would put my name back on the bottom of the list which currently consists of about 90 customers. They have no idea when they'll get additional inflators - this one's arrival was a complete surprise to them. I told them the earliest I could come in would be Saturday and they said that was fine. So, I've got some decisions to make in the next few days. Hmmm. What to do? What to do?

As fond as I've grown of the CR-V and as much as I want to get rid of the Ridgeline, I think it's best to go ahead and let them close the recall so I'll be free to sell or trade. Rusty Wallis Honda also agreed to an even swap a short while ago - my Ridgeline for a new CR-V Touring. Since I don't know what to do, I think I'll have the Ridgeline fixed and maintain a holding pattern until I'm more certain. I just don't want to wait too long until the G2 arrives and the G1 value takes a hit.

·
Super Moderator
6,869 Posts
With the Various Concerns you have about having the inflator replaced by the mechanics I'd think your choice is easy. Keep driving the CRV and drop to the bottom of the list. Although the first person is going to have it done exactly by the procedure, the 90th will have every shortcut taken by the mechanics as is possible to save time.

·
Super Moderator
22,686 Posts
OTOH, experience has some value too. ;)

But how hard can it be to install a new airbag inflator? I don't think it's rocket science. Not for a 45 minute procedure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just called to inquire about any inflators arriving and they said nothing came in yet. So I proceeded on getting my loaner. Since they are only allowed a certain amount a day I'm waiting until next Monday to pick it up. At least I can install the trailer hitch over the weekend before it sits on the dealers lot for hopefully not to long. :|
Tim

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I find myself scratching my head now. I admit I do have a generally negative opinion of most dealers...I sure hope they are installing the correct parts since we've been told numerous times the parts availability will be later in the year.
I totally agree with you and also it seems that some drive their RL to the dealer for the repair and some like our dealer, it will be transported to the dealer.....so many variables..

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I'm wondering if Major dealers are getting them first...... or are all dealers owned privately or does Honda own some ??

801 - 820 of 2064 Posts