Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well every time I go to the honda dealer ship im all ways talking about something new that honda is doing. All the sales people at the dealer ship know me and know that I love honda. Im alway telling them about all the new changed to each model and even new models that come out. So today while i was getting the oil changed the owner of the builder came up to me and asked if I wanted to sell hondas. At first I was that thinking he was joking but then he tell me that they need more 2 more sales people and wanted me to do it as it would be easy for me as I already know alot about it. So now I thinking if I want to do it or not. Now im only 22 and was not really looking going into sale as I already did that but with hondas, now that may be ok. Only down side is that I would work like 60hr a week and maybe even more and only make money when I sell a car. Still thinking about it. Im not working now and If I cant find a job may just do it and give it a try. On the plus side he said I can drive the demo Ridgeline if I wanted to.

I love honda

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
If you're not working, what have you got to lose? Go for it and find out if it fits.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I sold used cars for awhile. I hated it. Maybe new cars would be better, I dont know. But working on sales commision was to stressful for me. I hated selling cars I knew were crap and that people could not afford. I got out of it after 7 months.:(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Since you're not working now, you've got nothing to lose. Even if this doesn't turn out to be the career for you, you might learn something that'll help you later on in your future career.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I sold Hondas for 3 years and I both loved it and hated it. It's worth giving it a shot, but understand that you are starting at the slowest time of year for car sales. Hondas pretty much sell themselves, and Odyssey's are usually a few months out, so selling as many of those as you can really helps bring some money in the slower months. Car sales can be tough, and you really have to work long hours and work your butt off, but you can make some really good money doing it if you can play the game. One important thing to remember with car sales is that you have no friends at the dealership. They may act like your friend, but if they have to choose between screwing you out of a car deal or being your friend, they are always going to go for the money.

Anyway, I say do it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
rfs830 said:
Well every time I go to the honda dealer ship im all ways talking about something new that honda is doing. All the sales people at the dealer ship know me and know that I love honda. Im alway telling them about all the new changed to each model and even new models that come out. So today while i was getting the oil changed the owner of the builder came up to me and asked if I wanted to sell hondas. At first I was that thinking he was joking but then he tell me that they need more 2 more sales people and wanted me to do it as it would be easy for me as I already know alot about it. So now I thinking if I want to do it or not. Now im only 22 and was not really looking going into sale as I already did that but with hondas, now that may be ok. Only down side is that I would work like 60hr a week and maybe even more and only make money when I sell a car. Still thinking about it. Im not working now and If I cant find a job may just do it and give it a try. On the plus side he said I can drive the demo Ridgeline if I wanted to.

I love honda
Son, you must be one that skated thru HS. With your literary grasp of the english language, I'm not surprised you are having a difficult time in acquiring a job. My old man's advise to you is to take night classes on english 101. Happy that you love Hondas!:eek:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well english is not and easy language for me. As I an asian it is hard for me to read and write english. You were still able to understand what I was saying so its ok. It not like im trying to impress someone. You have money for me to go back to school? Dont think so.

Also who said im have having difficulty finding a job. I took time off to go to school full time. Also I have my own business on the side but was wanting to get something a bit more steady. Im not looking for job that ony pay 20k a year. For what I know Im looking for a 50k jobk and was making that before I took time off. So now I think my english is just fine for what I need it to do. Dont want to get to mad as this site is just to nice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
rfs830 said:
well english is not and easy language for me. As I an asian it is hard for me to read and write english. You were still able to understand what I was saying so its ok. It not like im trying to impress someone. You have money for me to go back to school? Dont think so.

Also who said im have having difficulty finding a job. I took time off to go to school full time. Also I have my own business on the side but was wanting to get something a bit more steady. Im not looking for job that ony pay 20k a year. For what I know Im looking for a 50k jobk and was making that before I took time off. So now I think my english is just fine for what I need it to do. Dont want to get to mad as this site is just to nice.
I too am an asian. Born and raised in the Philippines. Hey, good luck to you, bud.:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im glad you can write better english then I can. I tip my hat to you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
"Hey Ridgeline",
Yaa ain't doin' too good yourself. My teacher would have sold you a FORD!

Son, you must be one that skated thru HS. With your literary grasp of the english language, I'm not surprised you are having a difficult time in acquiring a job. My old man's advise to you is to take night classes on english 101. Happy that you love Hondas
:D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Go for the job! Great time to enter the sales force at Honda. New Civic Si in December and new Fit in spring of next year. Good Luck!!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts