Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ridgeline RTL/Sun/Navi - BLACK - Aftermarket HU/Cam
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I had an aftermarket HU installed into my '06 RTL back in September. I wish I had done it myself, the shop did a terrible job getting things setup, but that's okay - because I am fixing the problems now.

My last remaining issue is with the Talk/Back buttons on the steering wheel. I am using an ASWC-1 SWC controller and after some advice from Metra, they got me a diagram to get these two buttons to recognize since they are on a separate line.

I have everything wired up well, all my primary SWC's are working, and the second line has been run to the Nav module under the seat for the extra two buttons. The ASWC does not recognize these automatically, so I went through manual programming on them. I was able to get the "back" button to PROGRAM, but I get absolutely no response when I try to get the ASWC to PROGRAM the "Talk" button.

If I end manual programming, the "back" button continues working with my HU, which is great. I suspect since one of them works and they should be on the same line, that something is wrong with my "talk" button? Has anyone else ever used these for control? I have been searching for hours but can't seem to find anyone talking about these two specifically. If there is any chance of me getting it working, that would be incredible.

I'll leave the wiring diagram and programming instructions attached, just in case.

If anyone has posted with this issue before, apolagies! I couldnt find the post.
Thanks so much for any advice someone could pass along!

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Ridgeline RTL/Sun/Navi - BLACK - Aftermarket HU/Cam
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got this fixed, super easy and I feel stupid. But I want to leave this up in case anyone else every runs into this.

The wiring harness that runs into the Nav module (connector B) must remain UNPLUGGED from the module to have both buttons function. I have control of every button on my RTL steering wheel with my custom head unit, and I am thrilled!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts