Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Totally get the good old days feeling. I miss my first truck having a V8 and rear wheel drive, getting to do stupid one wheel peels at lights and stop signs, donuts on gravel roads, and racing obnoxious sounding Civics with a bunch of lumber in my truck bed to keep grip on the road. But I was 19 and had a little less to worry about then lol. And for those new worries and needs, the Ridgeline fit right in - even in our small 2 car garage with inches to spare that no full sized truck could manage.

Glad to hear you'll be at peace with keeping it. :) As for the idiots who think a truck somehow shows one's sexual preferences...well, they're probably the ones who are confused deep down, honestly.

Reactions: DSN46 and zroger73

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
Thank you all for the replies over the last couple of days! You all have given me items to consider.
I went for a long drive tonight. Just drove in silence, listening, looking around at the interior and feeling the truck as it moved. Sigh. I can't give this up. Those of you who say the RL is the best driving - family oriented - everyday - long trip truck.... you are so right. I've been driving the Colorado for long test drives, even hit the new Ranger in Lariat trim. While they aren't objectionable in any true sense, they just aren't the Ridge. Maybe upon further reflection I've just kinda moved beyond the feeling of a rear live axle bouncing around behind me.

I'm keeping the Ridge. But a part of me misses THESE days... both of these I built up on my own in my driveway. Winch bumpers and spare tire carriers all made by me in my small shop. Front and rear lockers, etc. I've had many others over the years that I've modified, but these two were my babies. I took both to Moab, UT and rock crawled. Took them both plenty of times to a place called Flat Nasty's that is dozens of acres of pure off road goodness! Like I said in an earlier post, maybe I'll be "the idiot" on ROC that does things he shouldn't to his RL. :)
Thank you all again for talking me down off the ledge.
View attachment 402729
I think you need to find a cheap old truck or jeep as a third vehicle, just to wrench on and mod...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Nice looking XJ. Kiddo has a ‘98 XJ 4X2, totally rust free. We installed a PowerTrax No-Slip locker several years back......amazing what a locked 4X2 can do with BFGoodrich A/Ts on the rear.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My back was to the street and I heard, "What a F***ing gay truck you f*gg*t!". I turned to see a couple of college-aged guys speeding away in a blue sedan of some kind.
It was almost like it was some kind of "fate" thing going on because I was thinking of trading it off.
Amazing. I could care less what anybody thinks about me, but it adds to the equation unfortunately. :(
How in the hell is that "some kind of fate" sign telling you to trade the Ridgeline?
It's sad that your self-worth and masculinity are tied to the opinions of some random jackass driving by.

By all means, go out and get a more "manly" truck.
Skip the Colorado. Show those guys in that blue sedan how macho you really are!
Buy a Chevy 2500HD Diesel. Jack it up, add black XD fake beadlock wheels, a giant LED light bar, and maybe a set of TruckNutz. Then mod it so you can drive all over town rolling coal.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
It's sad that your self-worth and masculinity are tied to the opinions of some random jackass driving by.

By all means, go out and get a more "manly" truck.
It's sad that you feel compelled to pop up and psychoanalyze me based on one typed sentence. I was merely pointing out an event that occurred while contemplating trading the RL that only added to the equation. I suppose you haven't read this entire thread or my final decision. It's more than obvious you don't know me at all. Try again.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thank you all for the replies over the last couple of days! You all have given me items to consider.
I went for a long drive tonight. Just drove in silence, listening, looking around at the interior and feeling the truck as it moved. Sigh. I can't give this up. Those of you who say the RL is the best driving - family oriented - everyday - long trip truck.... you are so right. I've been driving the Colorado for long test drives, even hit the new Ranger in Lariat trim. While they aren't objectionable in any true sense, they just aren't the Ridge. Maybe upon further reflection I've just kinda moved beyond the feeling of a rear live axle bouncing around behind me.

I'm keeping the Ridge. But a part of me misses THESE days... both of these I built up on my own in my driveway. Winch bumpers and spare tire carriers all made by me in my small shop. Front and rear lockers, etc. I've had many others over the years that I've modified, but these two were my babies. I took both to Moab, UT and rock crawled. Took them both plenty of times to a place called Flat Nasty's that is dozens of acres of pure off road goodness! Like I said in an earlier post, maybe I'll be "the idiot" on ROC that does things he shouldn't to his RL. :)
Thank you all again for talking me down off the ledge.
View attachment 402729
Nice rigs!

Sounds like maybe you need a "project" vehicle - something you can pick up relatively cheap and make into another rock crawler, etc. Might end up in a "best of both worlds" situation.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If I was going to do offroading, it wouldn't be in a brand new $40k truck (of any kind). I'd buy a $5k Jeep. If I had a lot more money, I'd buy a $20k RZR. If money was no object, I still wouldn't choose a pickup. I'd be something with a shorter wheelbase, and smaller footprint. Probably a purpose built rock crawler.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's sad that you feel compelled to pop up and psychoanalyze me based on one typed sentence. I was merely pointing out an event that occurred while contemplating trading the RL that only added to the equation.
I'm not psychoanalyzing anything. You said it yourself...
An anonymous guy questioning your manhood was "taken as a sign" and "added to the equation" of dumping the RL.

That is a problem.
Your self worth should not be tied to the vehicle you drive or what some random jackass says.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I'm not psychoanalyzing anything. You said it yourself...
An anonymous guy questioning your manhood was "taken as a sign" and "added to the equation" of dumping the RL.

That is a problem.
Your self worth should not be tied to the vehicle you drive or what some random jackass says.
"Adding to the equation" is not "basing my self worth on what someone says". I'm sorry you took it to mean that. Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
"Adding to the equation" is not "basing my self worth on what someone says". I'm sorry you took it to mean that. Thanks.
In what way did a brain-dead bigot yelling juvenile things "add to the equation" of dumping your Ridgeline?

The title of your thread is "Talk me down off the ledge please..."
That's all I'm trying to do here. The words of some dumb homophobic stranger should NEVER be taken as "some kind of fate" or "add to the equation" of selling your vehicle.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not sure what this dude's deal is^^^

Glad you decided to keep the Ridgeline, you're one of the few of whose presence on the forums I enjoy. And, if you do turn into "that guy that went too far with a unibody vehicle with a pickup bed", I'm sure it will be entertaining and educational at the same time! Cheers.

·
Registered
399 Posts
In what way did a brain-dead bigot yelling juvenile things "add to the equation" of dumping your Ridgeline?

The title of your thread is "Talk me down off the ledge please..."
That's all I'm trying to do here. The words of some dumb homophobic stranger should NEVER be taken as "some kind of fate" or "add to the equation" of selling your vehicle.
Dude, stop. You're being an asshole and all he did was ask for some opinions on the move to another vehicle. If he wanted your personal input on his personality and life decisions, he would've asked -- or gone to a professional who's qualified to make such statements.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.