Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd mention. I'm 6'4 and the '99 CRV I had was almost a little small for me - my knees just barely missed the dashboard. The Ridgeline has plenty of room though, much more than the CRV.
I haven't taken an extended road trip with it yet, but it should be just fine.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
RidgeInMaine said:
Just thought I'd mention. I'm 6'4 and the '99 CRV I had was almost a little small for me - my knees just barely missed the dashboard. The Ridgeline has plenty of room though, much more than the CRV.
I haven't taken an extended road trip with it yet, but it should be just fine.

I'm 6'4 250 lbs. I fit pretty darn good too. My only complaint would be the seat back stiffer edges are a little narrow for me but not uncomfortably so. Also, in my prefered sitting position my arms/hands block the view of the guage clusters on the left & right of the center big speedometer ring. Who needs the see the damn warning lights anyway :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 6' 7" 320lbs and actually found the Ridgeline not that bad to drive. I test rode an RTL model last night and was impressed. My knee just barely cleared the 90 degree corner of the center dash. It also seems that occasionally I hit my shin when I pivoted my heal to apply the breaks in stop-and-go traffic, something I think I could train my leg not to do. Also, I did feel much more comfortable in the model without the Sun/moon roof. My head did clear the ceiling but only by about 1 1/2 inches. If I hit a bump I know I'd be feeling the ceiling if I get one with the moonroof.

All that said I still like it. I'm currently a Toyota Sequoia owner and my lease is ending very soon. I currently have an 05 Tundra Double can on special order. I really wanted a Tacoma after the Sequoia but the interior dimensions changed ever so slightly and my knees no longer fit so I went for the only thing left that I liked (and fit in).

After, test riding the Ridgeline last night, it really has me reconsidering. I really don't need a super large truck like the Tundra. My tundra is supposed to be in sometime in the next 5 days so I have some serious quick re-thinking to do.

This would be my first Honda (I've never fit in any before - although I've tried my best).

Ahhh, decisions, decisions ... I'm going back for another test drive in the daylight in a few hours. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
. . . well, took a second test drive. The Salesman actually didn't go with us this time ... just gave us the keys and said "see ya in a bit". So we had a chance to really test things and pull over in a lot and look at things the way you really want to without having a dealer standing over you.

I ended up getting the Amazon Green RTL w/running boards and mud flaps (wanted the red one but they didn't have one and my other half was nagging me about liking the green one - yeah I know ... I gave in :rolleyes: ) . Since the one I got was still shrink wrapped in the plastic and it was the end of the day on a Saturday I didn't want them to rush the prep and the accessory install so I'll pick it up on Tuesday morning.

I'll call Toyota on Monday and have my deposit recredited to my credit card and let them down gently that the Tundra Double Cab Limited 4X4 that I have been waiting for for several months they can now keep.

They even got me out of my Sequoia lease a few months early with us losing nothing. There's something to be said for getting a vehicle at sticker price when that's all they're selling for... you don't have the feeling afterwards "could I have done better".

I feel pretty satisfied.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Congratulations on your new vehicle.

Even though I have a black RTL-NAVI on order, the green was my first choice (before I saw the black).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts