Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "Dual temp control" has issues. Honda claims nothing is wrong and I was wondering if anyone else has this happening?
It seems it does not find its set point, then maintain it like it should. I find I have to turn off then on in order to change inside temperature... when I dial it up, or down, it does nothings. If I shut it off, then on, it makes adjustments at that time
Also the dual section.. my set one side to 60, and the other to 80 and it does not adjust fan speed or temp on either side like it was intended to... In my last GM if I set it to extremes I would have exactly what we wanted on either side...
I'm pretty sure Honda is trying to sluff this off as "tell the dummy thats the way it is & they will accept it"
I just have a hard time buying into that

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It sounds like yours has a problem. Mine works great. My side is always about 15 degrees cooler than my wifes side. It is stable and works just fine. It works so well that I am concerned that we may form clouds and make a lightning storm between us.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger but, are you sure it's on "Auto". Push the "auto" button on the drivers side temp control and see if that helps.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm with Bamaridge, only because I figured out after almost 2 weeks that the "auto" button existed!! Try pushing it into auto. ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
It would make sense if thats all it was and hopefully that is it. Mine works as stated above especially Hogs posting about actually producing an unstable atmosphere inside. I know If it actually rains Honda will never believe me :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I wasn't sure on mine either, so I turned the driver side all the way down and the passenger all the way up. It was definately working...cold air blowing on my side and hot air on the passenger side.

I didn't think to check the back vents to see if they're split to match the front or not.

·
Registered
460 Posts
also, the fan speed will be the same on both sides if im not mistaken. only the temp. should be different. make sure the "dual" button is acitvated. then set each temp setting to extremely different settings. give it 10-15 seconds and feel if there is a difference between the two sides.

L

·
0 Posts
swampler said:
I wasn't sure on mine either, so I turned the driver side all the way down and the passenger all the way up. It was definately working...cold air blowing on my side and hot air on the passenger side.

I didn't think to check the back vents to see if they're split to match the front or not.
The back is not split. :(
I have to put the kids who are cold on my side and the kids who are warm on Todd's side. :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
460 Posts
ladyridge said:
The back is not split. :(
I have to put the kids who are cold on my side and the kids who are warm on Todd's side. :D :rolleyes:
are you sure about that ladyridge???/ or maybe im not remembering well.........wait, does the rear go with the front passenger setting??? :confused:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
swampler said:

Thanks for the input:) Mine for sure does not work in auto and or have hot/cold on different sides... I'll print these messages out for the dealer as they think All Rl's are like mine :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Ours works with different temps on both sides, but when I crank mine up to 80, I'm sure it's not actually 80. It is bearable and not frigid like hubby keeps his on the driver's side. If I get cold from his frigid air swirling around, I will turn on my seat warmer.

Yes, the back vents are split to match the front: frigid behind the driver, bearable behind mine.

It would be nice if both vents on the passenger's side closed. On cool or moderate days, I don't like the gale force wind of Fan Speed 5-7 coming at me.

This is so much better than not having any control of the temperature on my side. I used to carry a jacket or blanket to bundle up in during air conditioner months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts