Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***SOLVED*** See post 15.

I like the walk away lock feature a lot. But when I'm home I always park in the garage and don't need to lock the doors.

Is there a way to prevent the walk away locking feature with turning it off through the vehicle settings?

I realize I could just leave the key inside the truck, but this is not preferred for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the walk away lock feature a lot. But when I'm home I always park in the garage and don't need to lock the doors.

Is there a way to prevent the walk away locking feature with turning it off through the vehicle settings?

I realize I could just leave the key inside the truck, but this is not preferred for me.

Yes, you can toggle the settings in the vehicle. Go to your dashboard and look for vehicle settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you mean using the infotainment screen to go into vehicle settings and disabling the walk away locks? Or is there some other much faster way to disable?
Yes, you can toggle the settings in the vehicle. Go to your dashboard and look for vehicle settings.

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
635 Posts
Reactions: Tod L. Cox

·
Registered
13 Posts
This procedure will totally disable the walk away lock. I think the OP wants it to work away from home but not when in his garage. Is there a way to accomplish this easily, without going into the menu system every time you get into the vehicle?

This mod would require a geozone application as is used in an iPhone or Android like when I get close to home, the lights are turned on, the heating/cooling system turns on. Pretty cool app. But not for the Honda.

“Hey, you reading this, you engineers at Honda?”

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm wondering if there is a way to disable "one time". Something like "push the unlock button" before exiting vehicle. Or push the button on the outside door handle when exiting.
That would be nice, and seems simple for me.
This procedure will totally disable the walk away lock. I think the OP wants it to work away from home but not when in his garage. Is there a way to accomplish this easily, without going into the menu system every time you get into the vehicle?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I will try leaving my 2nd key in the garage next to the driver door

·
Registered
447 Posts
Press lock, unlock, lock, unlock--after the second time you hear a beep and that means it is set to stay unlocked. I don't remember if it works from the FOB or just from the door lock button. It's not a perfect system, sometimes it works but sometimes it seems to lock itself after awhile, or maybe after opening and closing a door. I haven't figured out if it's something I do that removes the temporary "stay unlocked" setting, or if the truck is just going to do it anyway. I find the auto-lock feature to be a pain in the ass. I park in my garage and I don't like having to go get my FOB if I want to get something from the truck. Maybe I'll see if I can turn it off entirely.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm going to try the lock-unlock X2 to see how that works out.

I completely disabled the auto-locking because it drove me nuts that it would lock my family in the car when I had to run back inside the house to grab something. (I needed the key to the front door, so I couldn't leave the fob in the car)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Press lock, unlock, lock, unlock--after the second time you hear a beep and that means it is set to stay unlocked. I don't remember if it works from the FOB or just from the door lock button. It's not a perfect system, sometimes it works but sometimes it seems to lock itself after awhile, or maybe after opening and closing a door. I haven't figured out if it's something I do that removes the temporary "stay unlocked" setting, or if the truck is just going to do it anyway. I find the auto-lock feature to be a pain in the ass. I park in my garage and I don't like having to go get my FOB if I want to get something from the truck. Maybe I'll see if I can turn it off entirely.
Well, didn't work for me from the FOB.

I don't know how you would do this from the door lock button. Once you walk away and hear the 2nd beep, the doors are locked. How would you then press lock, unlock, lock, unlock?

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
635 Posts
I tried this yesterday when I arrived home. As I was exiting the truck, I hit the lock/unlock twice and closed the door. There was a slight beep as I hit the unlock the second time and no beeps when I closed the door. The doors remained unlocked all night, then went back to normal after I used the walk away lock feature when I drove the truck today.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Cool. I will try this tonight.
I tried this yesterday when I arrived home. As I was exiting the truck, I hit the lock/unlock twice and closed the door. There was a slight beep as I hit the unlock the second time and no beeps when I closed the door. The doors remained unlocked all night, then went back to normal after I used the walk away lock feature when I drove the truck today.

Alrighty! Thanks to @tmz and @olgzr for solving this.

Here are the steps:

1) Turn vehicle off
2) OPEN DOOR
3) ON THE DRIVER DOOR, Push LOCK, UNLOCK, LOCK, UNLOCK. You should hear a quiet beep.
4) Shut door. You should NOT hear the two beeps as you walk away.

Truck should stay unlocked. It will beep multiple times if you go back and open then close any of the doors.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here are the steps:

1) Turn vehicle off
2) OPEN DOOR
3) Push LOCK, UNLOCK, LOCK, UNLOCK. You should hear a quiet beep.

Truck should stay unlocked. It will beep multiple times if you go back and open then close any of the doors.
These steps are correct. If you open any door while the fob is in your pocket it resets it to normal. If you open doors without a fob you can open and close as many or as often as you want until you do it with a fob in proximity. Definitely nice for parking in the garage.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Cool. I will try this tonight.

Alrighty! Thanks to @tmz and @olgzr for solving this.

Here are the steps:

1) Turn vehicle off
2) OPEN DOOR
3) Push LOCK, UNLOCK, LOCK, UNLOCK. You should hear a quiet beep.

These steps are correct. If you open any door while the fob is in your pocket it resets it to normal. If you open doors without a fob you can open and close as many or as often as you want until you do it with a fob in proximity. Definitely nice for parking in the garage.
This does work perfectly-however what isn’t mentioned at all is that the pressing of the lock/unlock button is on the DOOR not the FOB!!!!!

I read these instructions and tried over and over with the fob in frustration getting nowhere!

Then I thought to try it on the buttons on the door-viola success on the first attempt.

You must press the lock unlock sequence on the button on the inside of the door while it’s open....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This does work perfectly-however what isn’t mentioned at all is that the pressing of the lock/unlock button is on the DOOR not the FOB!!!!!

I read these instructions and tried over and over with the fob in frustration getting nowhere!

Then I thought to try it on the buttons on the door-viola success on the first attempt.

You must press the lock unlock sequence on the button on the inside of the door while it’s open....

Yeah, sorry I did leave that out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
635 Posts

I’ve also tried this on the passenger door. It does NOT work from the passenger door, only the drivers door. I do this almost every time I park in the garage now.

Reactions: Tod L. Cox

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm late to the party, but I can confirm this method works in my 2019 Pilot as well. Thank you guys! I've been searching for this for ages. I'm in the same boat as OP. Love the walk away auto lock, but don't need it at home in the garage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts