Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

Registered
Overall 'volume' of the cooler tells you zip unless you have identical tube size, routing, and construction, and fin density and area per volume of the overall cooler (at least).

Reactions: zroger73

Registered
Laughable.......and the cooler I installed is far from cute. It does nicely match the bare aluminum look of the condenser behind it.馃憤 Did I mention it does a great job of lowering TFT?

ScanGauge tells me a lot more than zip, like 40 degrees less.........yours????

Registered
I would never pull a two axle camper trailer with the Ridgeline. Too many people think that it can do what a full size truck can do. It cannot. Pulling a jet ski or a single axle boat trailer is ok, or a single axle trailer for hauling a riding mower. Even a single axle camper would be ok. However my recommendation would be a 3/4 ton truck for two axle camper trailers, and a 1 ton truck for 5th wheel camper trailers, or camper trailers that have 3 axles. Always better to have more truck than needed than to push your luck by pushing the limits. And with the right size truck, you will be waving at the others that are broke down on the side of the road because they chose to push the limits.
Look at it this way. Do you remember when GM made the ElCamino? It was a car/truck. They took a car and cut off the back end and put a truck bed on it. The Ridgeline is a Pilot with the back end cut off and a truck bed put on it. It is a LIGHT duty truck. And I emphasize LIGHT DUTY.
Last weekend I went from Salt Lake City to Dinosaur National Monument and back towing a Winnebago Micro Minnie. The trailer loaded is 4,500 lbs with double axles, equalizer hitch and trailer brakes. We went over Parleys Summit (7,120 ft) Daniels Pass (8,020 ft) and several other mountain passes. I went 45-55 mph over the passes and was in cruise control at 65 mph most of the rest of the time. On the way back there was a lot of head winds and cross winds that I barely noticed. I averaged 13.5 mpg for the whole trip which is about what I expected. The Ridgeline pulled the trailer just fine without any problems or issues. It never overheated, no warning lights came on and this despite 90 degree temperatures the whole time. While I don't doubt others have had different experiences, I see no problems using the Ridgeline as a tow vehicle as long as you stay within the tow rating of 5,000 lbs and use the right hitch and brakes.

Attachments

Registered
Don鈥檛 forget the Rigi鈥檚 14鈥 longer wheelbase and longer overall. In addition to a saw, gotta have a welder to do a stretch like that. LOL
And gotta replace suspension components with beefier parts. Everybody knows it's not the truck for pulling a mobile home, but it's not "Barbie's pickup" either.

Registered
Last weekend I went from Salt Lake City to Dinosaur National Monument and back towing a Winnebago Micro Minnie. The trailer loaded is 4,500 lbs with double axles, equalizer hitch and trailer brakes.............
Your trip sounds like a great example of the Rigi's durability/ability. Sure would be interesting to know TFTs during your trip.

Registered
ScanGauge tells me a lot more than zip, like 40 degrees less.........yours????
My ScanGauge tells as much as any ScanGauge tells. You keep losing track of the point, even when it's your own.

Registered
Geez....... 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Guess I have lost track...........what is your point, anyhow?

Registered
2019 Ridgeline Touring
I notice no extended mirrors. Unnecessary for this 7' wide trailer?
Our Airstream is 7'-4" wide and the mirrors just work, any wider and we would need extensions. I put those little stick on convex mirrors on as well just to get a little more range in viewing.

Registered
2019 Ridgeline Touring
And gotta replace suspension components with beefier parts. Everybody knows it's not the truck for pulling a mobile home, but it's not "Barbie's pickup" either.
I think I would consider LT tires for the RL as an upgrade. With WD, I think the suspension does a good job otherwise. I want to keep it soft so the trailer doesn't get beat up too much! Too stiff and rivets start to pop.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts