Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

· Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
9,159 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
Didn't this guy do the same thing with the Pilot just before the embargo was lifted?

· Registered
566 Posts
Looks like i will be taking my 2G to the local shop for some noise isolation work

Reactions: zroger73

· Registered
606 Posts
I spent 15 mins in a Pilot yesterday, and other than the looks of the armrest, I found it to be quite comfortable, and really comparable to my Element SC center console. Seeing as how I wont have to manually shift anymore, my arm resting place may change..

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Looks like i will be taking my 2G to the local shop for some noise isolation work
Too early for that. Some mics are extremely sensitive. Notice they weren't hollering at each other to talk.

The one thing could see is ride quality. The suspension was soaking most everything up quite nicely as the occupants weren't bouncing around. I live in TX and ride quite frequently on these rural 2 lane roads. They pave them the cheapest way possible and they aren't quality by any means. 58 hours to go :D

· Administrator
24,886 Posts
Too early for that. Some mics are extremely sensitive. Notice they weren't hollering at each other to talk.

The one thing could see is ride quality. The suspension was soaking most everything up quite nicely as the occupants weren't bouncing around. I live in TX and ride quite frequently on these rural 2 lane roads. They pave them the cheapest way possible and they aren't quality by any means. 58 hours to go :D
Living in Texas myself, I also find that many roads were cheaply resurfaced by milling then pouring down a layer of tar followed by gravel resulting in coarse, tire-eating pavement that is very loud. Noise isolation is very important here. Fortunately, this resurfacing method seems to be on the decline, but I still see it used.

All six of my Hondas roar loudly over this stuff to the point you have to raise your voice to carry on a conversation with the front passenger - you can forget about talking to the rear passengers. On the other hand, on new, smooth, "rubbery" asphalt pavement they've all been impressively quiet.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.