Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm scheduled to test drive a new 2014 F-150 FX4 3.5 Ecoboost tomorrow morning. I'll report back what happens........

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I just got back from test driving the F-150. Amazing vehicle. Ecoboost is freaking sweet! Tons of power. Drove great and the interior is just amazing. When I brought the truck back and parked it beside mine, man the FX4 looks so much nicer but then I just looked at my Ridgeline and smiled. I think I would miss it too much. The funky quirky look. The in bed trunk. I told the guy I would think about it, but on the way home I decided I'm keeping the RL. It's just too awesome.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also test drove the FX4 before I purchased my 2013 RTL. The FX4 is nice, but My 13 RTL is a perfect match for me. On one day I can comfortably fit the whole family in the car and feel they are safe. We can all fit comfortably in the car and still have plenty of room in the back to transport their sporting equipment or school bags. On another day I am able to help friends move or haul plenty for around the house projects. Over the winter my wife's car was snowed in the garage for a week. No problem for the RL. My RL allowed me to help out family and friends when they were snowed in. Before my 13 RTL I owned an 08 RL and plan to keep my 13 RTL for a long time. I also enjoy customizing my RTL with all the different accessories and modifications. I'm obsessed with my RL. This forum makes it even easier for me to make decisions about upgrades for my RTL. Always looking forward to the next upgrade. Too bad the wife is not.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The FX4 wouldn't seat 5 adults comfortably and it wouldn't fit in my garage. The FX4 doesn't have the in bed trunk. A friend of my has a Ford Raptor and is currently looking to sell his cover because he said its a pain in the butt to use the truck bed for hauling with that cover in place.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would think it would fit 5 comfortably..... It's way bigger back there than the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Does the FX4 have the AWD transfer case?
The always there AWD to me is priceless.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
588 Posts
You actually drove a 2014. The truck to the right of the black FX4 is the all new 2015 F150. I can imagine the suspension of the 2015 will be far superior than the 2014.

** Update **

Sorry, I miss read your post... You indicated you scheduled a 2014 test drive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts