Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally visited Honda to test drive the RL-RTs, a must say, its roomy in the inside and lots of storage. The ride is very quite and doesn't drive like a truck more like a car. Accelarate is smooth and smooth shift on transmission, but the brake is a bit touchy. Must not be used to it, trying to slow down the RL slowly takes getting used to. squeezing the brake needs getting used to, if press to much it grabs and jerks everyone forward. In comparison to TAco the bed seems smaller visually but in measurement is almost the same size .6 longer i think for the TAco. Didn't hear any wind noise at all other than cross wind from a windy valley. Overall the cabin is really quiet, stereo is also great. Sounds good with the subwoofer, it has a good surround sound feeling, may need to upgrade to get full frequency sound speaker wise to Infinity's speakers...this without adding any additional amps. RL does need something cover up the bottom part of the engine or something, don't want to go of trail and then stop and stuck in the middle of nowhere with tranny fluid leaking from a rock.

The RL RTs price was way to high for my taste selling @ 35,750 + tax/lic. no accessories added...yikes...$5,000.00 mark up and with Access. $41,000.00 and that's with Roofrack, Sidestep, Tow package, rear mud gaurds and RTs model. geeez. and they didn't have the color that i like. said here's the price and what i want or C'ya. My location is SoCal. :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
kanji said:
The RL RTs price was way to high for my taste selling @ 35,750 + tax/lic. no accessories added...yikes...$5,000.00 mark up and with Access. $41,000.00 and that's with Roofrack, Sidestep, Tow package, rear mud gaurds and RTs model. geeez. and they didn't have the color that i like. said here's the price and what i want or C'ya. My location is SoCal. :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:
Sorry to hear about your experience with Ridgeline Sticker Shock. If you look hard enough, you should find a nice dealer willing to sell you one at MSRP without all the add-ons. It took me a couple of weeks here in NorCal.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
$5000 mark-up is almost criminal! If you can't find one at MSRP, just wait a few months for the fervor to die down.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx, it seems like everyone's getting a break from reading this forum, i know this was my first drive out and actually hagle with Stealer agents, hopefully in a month or so, things would change for the better.

What i'm looking for: Ridgeline RT-S, Billet Silver or Blue metallic
2 options: Tow package & Roof rack

after driving one, i'm beginning to lean torwards that backup sensor, but the missmatch tail gate really helps trying to parallel park and backing up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I initially suffered sticker shock from the msrp at my dealership here. My next choice was a Tundra . When they priced it out to compare with the RTL, I was over $42,000, and we had not yet talked about the stability assist. I have had mine now since thursday nite, and I am crazy about this truck.
Good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
i dont know where you guys bought ur trucks but i got mine RTL i guess a really good deal for 35k and is the loaded one RTL WITH sunroof navigation and i got a good deal on the 22's... :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Kanji,
Look around you should be able to find a RTL at MSRP or under, I have one on order under MSRP.... in fact, It seems the longer you wait the better the deals.. also, would be better to buy your accesories after you buy your truck if you're handy with tools... you will save yourself a ton of money

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx, fellas and mkmatsuman, yea i'm not in a hurry to get one, i'm really surprised at the cost of one to begin with Stealer's markups and additional accessories that someone don't actaully need. I have a few months till my final decision to actually say here's my cash and here's what i want now. Gas prices has steadily started rising in my area 87-$2.47, 89-$2.65, & 91-$2.76.

Well I know someone who works in San Diego who can sell me @ msrp and accessories will be at their expense for an RT-S, and I have an agent @ work who's looking for deals for me hopefully finds something below msrp or invoice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm in the same boat. There's only one dealer within 60 miles where I live so the market is practically cornered. I will just have to wait for the right time to get mine. :(

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I just read the May 2005 Motor Trend article on the Ridgeline. They seem to think that it will not appeal to the "die-hard" truck buyers and they feel Honda is taking a risk at what they called a "cross-over" automobile. MT says the biggest obstacle facing Honda is getting the customers to test drive the truck, if they do Honda has a great seller on their hands. But MT fears that Honda has convinced people that the Ridgeline is not a "real" truck and this will keep people from testing them out. They think the market will know within a year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got my copy of the May MT too a few days ago. Is Honda trying to say that the RL is the "untruck" truck?

·
Registered
993 Posts
bongus said:
I just read the May 2005 Motor Trend article on the Ridgeline. They seem to think that it will not appeal to the "die-hard" truck buyers and they feel Honda is taking a risk at what they called a "cross-over" automobile. MT says the biggest obstacle facing Honda is getting the customers to test drive the truck, if they do Honda has a great seller on their hands. But MT fears that Honda has convinced people that the Ridgeline is not a "real" truck and this will keep people from testing them out. They think the market will know within a year.
What are they talking about? Honda has done everything possible to convince people the RL has real truck underpinnings and performance.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
frbear, you're are right, but there is two Stealers in my area driving distance of 3 miles, the one i've tried is the same one that quoted me $5000.00 over MSRP. And they say its selling like hotcakes. To me these hotcakes are for the people who can afford to waste $36,000 for no accessories just basic RTS models. Also the hotcakes are the same RL that hasn't moved since they arrive at the dealer.

but willing to drive the extra mile to get the best deal available to me. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts