Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to come in here and give my feedback. Ive had this truck for less than a year, so this is my first winter with it. I went to visit some friends in Terrace Lakes on Friday. It snowed a foot and a half the first night. Then it compacted down to about a foot of heavy snow. Just about everyone was stuck in the morning, but not me. We had to get my buddies uncle to the hospital, and had to get some of the vehicles unstuck. Tried pulling one out, just too much snow, started digging me in, and almost got stuck, BUT, didnt. I did end up backing into a tree in the process. The drivers side corner glanced off, hardly any damage. A tiny crack in the bumper by the tail light, and chipped the edge of the tail light. Anyway, we give up trying to get people out, and his neighbor with a CAT started clearing the driveway. In the Mean time we had to run over to someones house while they got him ready to take down to the hospital. Cell service is bad. So we plow trail through mountain roads in a foot of heavy snow. Half the time were pushing snow with the bumper. We got to where we needed to go, and never got stuck. I was actually blown away considering the conditions. My buddy walked away impressed. I told him that from what Ive seen it should do fine. HAH. Dont let anyone tell you this thing cant handle some crappy conditions. The all wheel drive system is fantastic. I did get a little over confident on the second day after the roads were plowed. The main road was a piece of ice and I spun and the back end went into a snow bank. That was my fault though, should have been driving slower. I had to get pulled out of that. Going to have to re-attach one of the screws on a mud flap, but otherwise no real damage.

Anyhow, put the truck through the paces this weekend. Mountain passes, and mountain roads, along with LOADS of snow. Very pleased.

Cheers!

·
Registered
288 Posts

Thanks for the anecdote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
The ridgeline is a very capable awd truck. I have put mine in many tough situations with complete success. One time I high centered it in the snow and learned a valuable lesson on momentum I have towd atvs snowmobile trailers and a pontoon boat quite admirably. The nay Sayers can pick on the ridgeline as not a true 4wd but it is very good at what it does. A good set of tires and some savvy driving and it is on par with most 4wds

1 - 3 of 3 Posts