Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The word is: Honda is testing a V-8 in a Ridgeline or maybe more than one Rideline. The V-8 may go in the Acura RL first.

Tiger

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Honda has always been averse to making a production V8. Of course no one ever thought they would make a pickup truck either!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to www.vtec.net: Acura Developing a successor to the NSX. Then scroll down to Jeff's second reply and I think you will find what you are looking for.

Tiger

·
Registered
578 Posts
For those that do not know, Jeff is one of the owners/editors of TOV. He generally doesn't BS around very much.

This is very interesting news indeed. Ofcourse we probably wouldn't see one in the R-L for probably 3-5 years is my guess.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
And I'd bet that it has some sort of cylinder disablement technology. Pure speculation.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Ridge said:
I would have thought Honda would have waited till the RL proved itself in the market before even considering introducing it in the Acura brand.
I think he means RL Sedan. ;)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
This might be considered OT but does anyone know if a supercharger will be available for the Ridgeline?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Comptech will be developing a full line of parts for the Ridgeline. Intro most probably at SEMA, available beginning of next year. A supercharger is amongst those items they are doing R&D on.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
i've read somewhere or heard that honda or acura will never use a V8 engine in their vehicles in exception for their competition vehicles i.e. indy cars. Unless Mugen may develope one for the top vehicles honda & acura? Possiblity??

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Again...they said Honda would never make a pick-up.

·
Registered
578 Posts
kanji said:
i've read somewhere or heard that honda or acura will never use a V8 engine in their vehicles in exception for their competition vehicles i.e. indy cars. Unless Mugen may develope one for the top vehicles honda & acura? Possiblity??
never say never.

Honda didn't have a V6 for a LONG LONG LONG LONG time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
To me it seems a bit rediculous that the world's biggest engine maker doesn't make a V8 - up until a few years ago the most popular engine in North America.

Honda and Mugen debuted a V8 powered RL at this year's past Tokyo Auto Salon, so anything is possible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.