Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, I need your honest opinions on the rub rails? The wheel well trim is staying no matter what, and so are the ventshades!! :)

Attachments

Reactions: zannej

·
Registered
311 Posts
So you asked for honest, eh? :)

Rub rails - thumbs down. Don't really know why, I just don't find them appealing.
Window vents - pimp!
Wheel well trims - pimp!
Rear emblem placement - jury's still out
Pipe - pimp! :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Thanks for the quick post, Tex. I like your vent shades. It looks like they are pretty low profile, or close to the window.

Did you order them on the net? Maybe you said on the other post, but I'm pressed for time and would like all my questions answered here if you have a moment.

How long did it take for them to be delivered? Did you put them on yourself? Was it easy?

I like the rub rails on the bumper, but not the ones on the doors. They are too thin. I'm looking at putting some wider ones on ours.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
methodtim said:
So you asked for honest, eh? :)

Rub rails - thumbs down. Don't really know why, I just don't find them appealing.
Window vents - pimp!
Wheel well trims - pimp!
Rear emblem placement - jury's still out
Pipe - pimp! :D
Appreciate you opinion, being naive, what does PIMP mean? :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Appreciate you opinion, being naive, what does PIMP mean? :)
Hee hee. This is taken directly, but selectively, from urbandictionary.com (I don't want to include all the definitions on there because, um, a lot of them are not family-friendly :)).

1) As an adjective: If somethin' is pimpin', it's pretty darn cool. It's probably something "normal" that's tricked out....

2) To make flashy or showy. Usually applied to cars and homes.

3) Something badass or new and fresh.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Truckin' said:
Thanks for the quick post, Tex. I like your vent shades. It looks like they are pretty low profile, or close to the window.

Did you order them on the net? Maybe you said on the other post, but I'm pressed for time and would like all my questions answered here if you have a moment.

How long did it take for them to be delivered? Did you put them on yourself? Was it easy?

I like the rub rails on the bumper, but not the ones on the doors. They are too thin. I'm looking at putting some wider ones on ours.
No problem Truckin!! I ordered them online thru www.svcustom.com and got them in a week via ground. You can expedite them for a fee. It took less than 5 or 10 minutes to install. First I checked the fit for each window. Then I wiped the inside of the window seal with the alcohol pad supplied. Then I peeled about 2 inches of the 3 M tape and held it down on the outside. I slipped the vent into the window seal groove, pulled the 3m tape the rest of the way off, raised the windows up and keep it up for 24 hours and walah! you're done. The first couple of times, the auto window up on drivers side came back down halfway automatically. I wiped the window edge as someone else suggested and the problem is history!! Thanks for everyone's inputs BTW! I really care for the ROC family...today, my first born daughter is visiting from CA. with my two grandsons, and took them out for dinner and a pre school shopping spree and my 9 year old grand son loves the RL!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
methodtim said:
Hee hee. This is taken directly, but selectively, from urbandictionary.com (I don't want to include all the definitions on there because, um, a lot of them are not family-friendly :)).

1) As an adjective: If somethin' is pimpin', it's pretty darn cool. It's probably something "normal" that's tricked out....

2) To make flashy or showy. Usually applied to cars and homes.

3) Something badass or new and fresh.
I think that is all good and positive??? thanks, from an old fouggy! you gotta love this forum! :)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
No problem Truckin!! I ordered them online thru www.svcustom.com and got them in a week via ground. You can expedite them for a fee.
Tex, thanks for the info. I actually found them listed for the Ridgeline on their website. That's encouraging. I had to look at the in-channel category to find it.

Tex's link is missing an "s". This should take you right to the ordering page for the ventshades:

http://www.svcustoms.com/catalog/AutoventshadeInChannelVentvisors.shtml

If I get a chance to call them before work tomorrow, I'll see if they can get them here fast enough to help us out. I called the Honda dealer today. They did not have the OEMs in stock. They wanted $199 and it would take a week for them to get here. For the money saved I should be able to pay for fast shipping.

We are getting some pin striping done on Friday and the man who is doing that for us has the rub guards, or whatever it was you called them, that he said would work on our doors. They were about two inches wide. I'm going to look at them and see if I like them. I surely do not like the scratch in the door we got from a careless person.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thumbs up on everything but the side door rub rails. Like one other said before, it looks too thin on those massive doors. Really like the ventshades and the rear bumper rub rails. I appreciate your posting pictures because I was seriously considering similar side door rub rails. I'd actually tried drawing on pictures of the RL to get a feel for it, but that wasn't good enough. Gotta learn to use those fancy graphics programs! Anyway, thanks for the pics. Your truck is looking great!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Thumbs down on the bumper rub rails. Thumbs up on everything else. I based my opinion solely on functionality.

JMHO

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm down wid the other responses... in that I concur. :)

Total "pimp" on the wheel well trim -- I might have to look into that one myself!

Lookin' great, Tex!

L

·
0 Posts
OK DARLIN'...YOU ASKED FOR IT....YOU GOT IT!!
The bumper rails, the pipe, the wheel guards and the vents are kickin'/sweet/groovy. :D ( showin' my age there a bit )
I don't care for the side rails.
I also, like Chris, based my opinion on functionality but also had to get the designer look in there too.
You really got it goin' on there buddy!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sorry but I just hate to see a classy vehicle changed to this degree. We're already driving one of the most unique vehicles on the road today. Why adorn it with all of this stuff? I'm so afraid somebody is going to turn a Ridgeline into a monster truck. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tex:
Preferred the truck without the bling. The guards (however useful) draw your attention away from the vehicle. Are they available in a matching color from anyone besides the big "H"?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
denvrfan said:
Sorry but I just hate to see a classy vehicle changed to this degree. We're already driving one of the most unique vehicles on the road today. Why adorn it with all of this stuff? I'm so afraid somebody is going to turn a Ridgeline into a monster truck. :(
Have to agree. Would ordinarily say to each his own, but you asked... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
626 Posts
dood, pimp my ride!!! :D

To each his own, I say. One could argue that I shouldn't have put roof racks, body side protectors, running boards, fog lights, rear mud flaps, and a rear-view camera on mine, and they can argue that if they'd like... but they'd be wrong. :p

L

·
0 Posts
denvrfan said:
AWESOME IDEA!!
And now for LadyRidge's next trick.
Watch me pull a Monster truck out of my Ridgeline.
:D
Just kiddin'...but maybe next year I'll buy another one just to do that to. Hey you only live once and I can't take the green with me when I go.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts