Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting around to doing this..still adding more trim around wheel wells and rub rails in the back bumpers plus window deflectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks great. How difficult was the dash install? I read the instructions at H & A and it doesn't seem too difficult.

·
Registered
133 Posts
How hard was it to change to the gold emblems and what do they cost?

Awesome looking truck!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: Tex's Ridge's Ride-Gold Emblems/Metallic Dash Kit/Front End Grill

The gold emblems were discounted to $99.00 for the kit. Get it from H&A (since they have corrected price for shipping). They were not difficult to do at all. The rear ones, I removed by dragging a thin nylon string across between the emblem and the sheet metal of your truck. Then roll off the residue of the stickum with your thumb. Do this before you apply the rubbing alcohol!! The front emblem is more complicated as you have to remove the front bumper per the instructions. Not that hard really. PS if your notice my picture of the front, I mounted a diamond aluminum extrusion that I painted black!! That will screen out rocks from hitting the coolers and radiator.

The dash kit was not difficult at all. It's pretty well set up already for installation with the instructions!! Just be patient and take your time!! Start applying the rear seat armrests first. That will give some practice before applying the dash!! :)

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Wipe the area clean with alcohol before applying emblems in back and the dash kit!! Clean three times and let dry before application!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Finally getting around to doing this..still adding more trim around wheel wells and rub rails in the back bumpers plus window deflectors.
I didn't know you could improve on the SILVER Ridgeline. WOW. She sure looks great!!!!
Since you're decked out in gold, I think I should call you "King Tex!!"
:p

·
Registered
224 Posts
I really like what you've done there. I'm especially interested in the "diamond aluminum extrusion". Sorry to show my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with the term. I've been concerned about those areas picking up stray rocks too - could do a lot of damage. Where did you find the material you used and how did you secure it? It looks great!

·
Registered
257 Posts
love the dash, with all due respect, and in my humble opinion, I think the gold looks horrible. No flames, just my opinion

Warm Regards:

Mike

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have to agree on the gold. I also don't care for moving the logos to the top of the gate- looks top heavy. I think there are colors where gold looks good, ie. green or black but not on silver. Like the previous poster stated- just an opinion.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Looks good. Thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VaVet96 said:
I really like what you've done there. I'm especially interested in the "diamond aluminum extrusion". Sorry to show my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with the term. I've been concerned about those areas picking up stray rocks too - could do a lot of damage. Where did you find the material you used and how did you secure it? It looks great!
Hey there VV96..glad you like it, I didn't think gold would look good on silver at first, but gold is real 24K, and it has a very beautifull and shiny luster that really stands on silver! If you browse for "aluminum expanded metal sheets" you will get quite a few hits. ijust called them extrusion because it is stamped into particular shapes. get the thinnest sheets and small openings (1/2 inch). The aluminum sheet is stiff, but can be cut into shapes with a metal sheer. Get the size sheet that measures at least 32 " wide by 24 inches. This will be enough to screen all the openings. For the grill up top with the H, I cut two pieces (I think they were 8x14) and used the same screws that secured the existing grill. (BTW) you have to remove this grill to change the H). The two bottom (one over the other) I strips long enough and wide enough to cover the openings. What I resorted to mounting these was to drill 1/6" holes on the sides of the openings and secured the screens with black tie wraps. you can find these tie wraps in the electrical dept of Home Depot or other hardware stores. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice! Thanks for posting the pics, I have been anxiously awaiting them. Excellent tip on the fishing line. We will see how the gold looks on my Black Ridge with the grill burner painted black. If that doesn't cut it, then I will do the total grille replace. I just got to kill that gas grille burner element look. :p :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very nice ride Tex. Now youve made it your own. How easy was the install of grill screen? I am considering getting kit now that Ive seen yours- Good looks and protection too. Just pinched myself- I should read b4 reply- You detailed install in last post. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Hey Tex,

I was going to do the same thing to my ridge but I wanted to stick with the silver and black theme for a reason! Your ridge looks good with the Gold Bling! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Tex, I love the dash kit. Could you do me a favor? If you have someone in the passenger seat, please ask them if they see any reflection from the dash kit on the windshield. I take a lot of photos while riding and I am concerned that the reflection on the window would interfere.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How are you doing Truckin. I like all your posts and pictures a lot!! The metallic kit surface is non-reflective under any circumstance. While installing the arm rest piece, I stupidly used alcohol to clean a small spot and rubbed hard. The coating slowly came off. I used my silver touch up paint over ths spot and it was completely hidden!! The pieces are very shiny thin metal and coated with a very dull material. Comes out a very beautifull non-reflective surface. Very smooth and does'nt show dust build-up. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tex's Ridge said:
I emailed HAndA Accessories, asking if they stocked the Ridgeline emblem in GOLD, to go with the rest of my emblems. I want to place the "Ridgeline" on each side over the front wheel wells. They came back and told me they added it to their stock line!! I will be ordering two!:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts