Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is interested in attending and / or helping to plan The 1st Annual Spectacular ROC Fishing Trip? What started out as a light hearted comment on another thread got me to thinking (it could just be gas). After a great ROC @ the ROC meet this past weekend, how about putting together week long fishing and camping outing? This is not meant to compete with or replace an actual ROC meet. It should just be something that interested people choose to do on our own. That being said, if this develops, perhaps this thread should be moved to The Ridge. It would need to be somewhere there are cabins available for those of us that do not have campers. It would also need to have space and facilities available for those that do. Thunder Bay, Ontario is where this thin started. New member Northernguy is there. That is just a jumping off point. I am sure that there are a lot of really great places to go. I spent an entire summer one week in Northern Minnesota several years ago and it was like heaven. It was 22 miles by water from the Canadian border. It had to be one of the most beautiful and peaceful places on the planet.
I could go on and on. If there is anyone that is seriously interested, let’s talk about it. Some long range planning will be required.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
A couple of buddies and I will be leaving tomorrow morning for a few days of fishin' in Canada. We'll be driving my Ridge to the airplane's takeoff point so I'm looking forward to the drive as well as the rest of the trip. This will be my first fly-in to a remote fishing/hunting location so the anticipation is killin' me. Assuming no unexpected moose or bear encounters :eek: , and not counting the times when we are actually catching fish :cool: , I can hardly wait for the peace, quiet and beauty that awaits us. :)

If all goes well, I'll be back next Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds great! I hope that you will take some pictures so that we can get a taste of what is possible. Do you need a passport to get back into the US? Seems that I heard that the regulations changed recently and are a lot tighter now.

L

·
0 Posts
ridged said:
A couple of buddies and I will be leaving tomorrow morning for a few days of fishin' in Canada. We'll be driving my Ridge to the airplane's takeoff point so I'm looking forward to the drive as well as the rest of the trip. This will be my first fly-in to a remote fishing/hunting location so the anticipation is killin' me. Assuming no unexpected moose or bear encounters :eek: , and not counting the times when we are actually catching fish :cool: , I can hardly wait for the peace, quiet and beauty that awaits us. :)

If all goes well, I'll be back next Tuesday.
Awesome Ridged. Have a wonderful time and we'll hear from you Tuesday!! Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If I can arrange it, I will bring the marshmellows ;).

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Thanks U-H and LR.

As far as I know, we don't need a passport yet, but it sounds like that day is coming. It's a crock of bull if you ask me, since legal U.S. citizens will be getting the third degree while illegal immigrants waltz across the border unscathed. I'm told that, for now, we should bring our IDs and birth certificates to re-enter. If that doesn't work, my employer, which happens to be the U.S. guvmint, is gonna be plenty ticked when I don't show for work on Wednesday. :p

We have every intention of bringing back plenty of photos (maybe we'll even snap some as we get hassled...er...processed at the border!). :p

Bye for now, eh? ;)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't knock yourself out with the marshmallows! :rolleyes: But it's a start! Just kidding, of course! It is far more important that you will be there! Yea!!! We will have to draw straws to see who gets to try out the in-bed ice chest! The vote about what brand of beer to bring could get ugly.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Do you need a passport to get back into the US? Seems that I heard that the regulations changed recently and are a lot tighter now.
We did not need passports in August/September on either passage. Just photo IDs, they looked at our ride and waved us through. On the way back we did have to surrender a huge package of hamburger that we'd just bought. . .

L

·
0 Posts
I was mistaken on my info. Todd's Dad goes to Canada quite frequently and he said that they will require one next year.
Sorry for the bad info. :(:eek:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I posted the passport information in another thread.

December 31, 2006 - Those flying to and from Canada and Mexico will require passports, this will also include those taking cruises out of the country.

December 31, 2007 - Those driving to and from Canada and Mexico will require passports.

So if you are driving you do not need to have a passport till 2008. This is posted on the fed's web site. Originally it was supposed to be by December 31, 2005, but due to push back from Canada and Mexico as well as others, the time table was shifted.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
A summer trip sounds fun! Both boys and I have the summer off. It could get ugly if Mommy doesn't get to go, so timing will be everything (But a week in the woods w/ the boys would be a hoot).

If Ridge Rats would NOT be welcome, I will NOT be offended. I'd come by myself! Let me know feelings on this. Again - I will NOT be offended if folks don't want RR's along.

-ridgeln

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In my opinion, the ROC and this fishing idea is a family thing. Fishing and kids naturally go together. Some of my fondest memories of my dad were on summer vacation out in a row boat learning about fishing. At least it seemed like it was about fishing but it really was about a lot more than that. Heck, bring a friend if you want to. Wives and girlfriends are welcome too. Bring 'em both if you are brave enough.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
Who is interested in attending and / or helping to plan The 1st Annual Spectacular ROC Fishing Trip? What started out as a light hearted comment on another thread got me to thinking (it could just be gas). After a great ROC @ the ROC meet this past weekend, how about putting together week long fishing and camping outing? This is not meant to compete with or replace an actual ROC meet. It should just be something that interested people choose to do on our own. That being said, if this develops, perhaps this thread should be moved to The Ridge. It would need to be somewhere there are cabins available for those of us that do not have campers. It would also need to have space and facilities available for those that do. Thunder Bay, Ontario is where this thin started. New member Northernguy is there. That is just a jumping off point. I am sure that there are a lot of really great places to go. I spent an entire summer one week in Northern Minnesota several years ago and it was like heaven. It was 22 miles by water from the Canadian border. It had to be one of the most beautiful and peaceful places on the planet.
I could go on and on. If there is anyone that is seriously interested, let’s talk about it. Some long range planning will be required.
I'm interested, Always wantd to take a trip to the remotes to fish and hunt. I for one would like to here from northerguy on this, as I would love a trip like this!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ROC member Q1000 is from Alliston, near the Honda plant. I have asked him to visit this thread. Y'all thinkin' what I'm thinkin'? :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, now that everyone has had their fill of turkey, lets get back to talkin' about fishin'!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts