Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

The Airbags are Coming!

2935 Views 18 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  bbhondaguy
My dealer got in one airbag yesterday and I was the lucky recipient.

Drove my 2007 RL for the first time in almost 3 months.

I am in GA BTW.

Also, there is a passenger side recall now, so I will be driving alone until that ones comes in ;-)
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
I called my dealer yesterday and they ordered mine, not sure if it's just the drivers side or not. I had thought they already ordered them when I called a few months ago when I got me letter.
Didn't know about passenger side, I'll ask, getting mine done Thursday and test driving a Gen 2..
See this thread http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/21-recalls-tsb-s-notices/126530-airbag-recall-2007-14-ridgeline-174.html, Start at the last page work forward until you find what you need if anything...
I just got a notification this week that my '06 is subject to the passenger side airbag recall. The dealer said they are on back order, but they should have some in "a couple weeks". Guess we'll wait and see. Glad it's not the driver's side, I'd hate to have to park it and drive some lame rental until it was fixed.
OMG I got the airbag letter! What do I do now???? (just kidding)

Actually I got mine and my son got one for his 2004 Pilot. We aren't parking ours. I'll be contacting a dealer soon.
Checked my vin on the Honda site last night, nothing on the passenger airbag.
Reactions: 1
My 2014 RL has oe recall for the driver airbag. The 2008 RL has 3 recalls.

Click here...

Recall Information for Safety & Defects | Honda Owners Site
I got a call from the dealership last Friday, the parts had come in for the 2013 RTL I had looked at in May and asked them to hold it for me so I could test drive it when it was repaired. I bought it yesterday, 24M miles, Extang Trifecta tounneau cover, JVC head unit w/Bluetooth & DVD player, Viper remote starter, and rear mudflaps. After the deal was done, signed and paid for the salesman told me "oh yeah, we put on a set of new tires." Micheline LTX MS. To paraphrase Howard from The Big Bang Theory, I think I cheated on my wife at that moment.:surprise:
Reactions: 1
My 2014 RL has oe recall for the driver airbag. The 2008 RL has 3 recalls.

Click here...

Recall Information for Safety & Defects | Honda Owners Site
Driver side, passenger side, and what's the third one? The only one showing for my '08 is the passenger side and I just had it fixed today.
When?

What is the timeline to complete this campaign for drivers side airbag on Ridgeline?

I've asked dealer and they state there is no time frame.
Yup, got mine in for my 2006 rts passenger side. Didn't think they made recalls after so long. Glad tho! Nobody rides in it but me. My lil girlie used to, but since I added the lift and accessories she thinks it looks to "scary". Going to have the airbag replaced anyway. Hope nothing gets torn up. I wonder if they have to remove the whole dash?
Talked to them today and they said they do it all from glove box opening.
Re: When?

What is the timeline to complete this campaign for drivers side airbag on Ridgeline?

I've asked dealer and they state there is no time frame.
The schedule is here...

NHTSA | Recalls Spotlight: Takata Air Bags Recalls

In fact everything you need to know is in the main Airbag Recall thread...

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...s/126530-airbag-recall-2007-14-ridgeline.html
3 years!! Re: When?

The schedule is here...

NHTSA | Recalls Spotlight: Takata Air Bags Recalls

In fact everything you need to know is in the main Airbag Recall thread...

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...s/126530-airbag-recall-2007-14-ridgeline.html
It could take three years for my airbag to be replaced if Honda follows the NHTSA schedule.
Not acceptable.
My Ridge got parked on April 3rd. I have bee driving a 16 Ram Hemi since and have put 9,000 miles on it! The Ridge went in this past Friday and it was driven in, not towed (Who wants that job?). The passenger air bad recall is stated to be fixed in two weeks. But I can drive it in the mean time. Like driving Miss Daisy! I'll be glad to have her home, the Ram was fast, but there ended the love affair.
My part is in, My airbag recall will be fixed this Friday by my local Honda dealer! Friday july 29th! yippee!
Got on the schedule for the air bag last week. They had to order the part and expected it sometime this fall. It happened to come in yesterday(!) and they were able to get it installed while I was in for new tires (2010, 55k miles). I now have new tires and a new air bag. Good to go!
Airbag recall fixed as planned today.was treated VIP like.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.