Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told Honda put some back end money on the Ridgeline yesterday. Honda tries to keep this money hush, hush, but the word eventually gets out.

My information is that there's at least $500 and may actually be $1000 on the Ridgeline.

This means that you SHOULD be able to buy a new Ridgeline AT or below Invoice price.

I hate for it to be the Ridgeline, but current buyers should be able to save $3000 or so on average compared to the average selling price of only 3 - 4 months ago.

This combined with the new warranty shows that Honda is concerned about sales.

What's next? A rebate?

·
Registered
151 Posts
WSJ reported this week that Honda added a $1000 rebate in mid June. I assume that money went to the dealer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought at invoice.

:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Crispy said:
I bought at invoice.

:D
So did I. But I'll bet you that if the other manufacturers end their employee pricing at the end of this month that you’ll start to see the price of the RL go back up. This is why I stated in a previous post that if you are considering buying a RL, now is the time to do it.

I looked at all kinds of vehicles before deciding upon a RL. With all of the discounting going on by the other manufacturers, I thought that I’d probably be able to get more truck for less money at the other dealers. But after driving them all, looking at the features and considering my needs for a truck, the RL won out.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I actually decided to buy now because I figured all those emp pricing has to have an effect on the pricing of the RL. I ended up buying the RL for $300 above invoice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honda hasn't put any money on them yet. I wish they did but it will be hard for Honda to swallow the fact the RL didn't take off like planned. I may be wrong in the long run but I don't expect any dealer incentives untill maybe this time next year.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think Honda is right on target with their sales plan... actually they might be exceeding it as there has been reports that the RL production has been upped.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Joe:

Can you reply more detail on the "new warranty" you mentioned? I'm shopping for a Ridgeline, and three different dealers have talked about extending the waaranty to 4 yrs/48,000 miles if I service at their dealership. I assume that is not what you mean.

Thanks
Yukon

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The "new warranty" is on the powertrain only. I assume the extended warranty the dealer is offering you is bumper-to-bumper.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As shovelhd said, the new warranty covers the powertrain only and is in addition to the basic bumper-to-bumper warranty.

I would not negotiate any additional warranty with the dealer as part of the original sale UNLESS it was for a genuine Honda extended warranty (and I wouldn't do that at this time). The extra year of warranty the dealer is talking about is probably not good anywhere but at that dealer... and dealer warranties are suspect to start with. I would put ZERO value on such an offer.

Additionally, I would NOT buy a Honda Extended Warranty at this time. Since the new powertrain warranty applies to all Ridgelines we don't know if or how this will effect the price of the extended warranty. The price should go down... if it does we don't know if Honda will offer any kind of refund for those who have already purchased the warranty, and I don't know if the price has already been adjusted.

There's no penalty for not buying the extended warranty at time of purchase. You have a long time to buy it at the same prices. I would wait until Honda releases the rest of the 2006 models and see what they do with the extended warranty pricing. There are online dealers that will sell you one at nearly their cost... no dealer is going to do any better.

-Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts