Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I pulled the inner cowl, and inside I did see a lot of crunched up leaves in various stages of decay, first vacuumed then I hosed it out big time! Did it on top and below with high pressure water.

This didn't seem to make a difference in the smell, so then I tried to blow out the sunroof drains. I was able to do this effectively on the front drains, but it was impossible to reach the rears. The fronts were very clear, and I could clearly discern the sound of the air rushing out in the fender- with no drips so they did not seem to be backed up with water.

Then I checked the inner frame grommets, and I did see 2 missing, but the inside of the frame was dry, and did not smell.

I have put about 20 hours worth of work into this fix now, with no sign of finding the problem source.

This is getting old!

Best always,
Bluemill

·
Registered
835 Posts
Today I pulled the inner cowl, and inside I did see a lot of crunched up leaves in various stages of decay, first vacuumed then I hosed it out big time! Did it on top and below with high pressure water.

This didn't seem to make a difference in the smell, so then I tried to blow out the sunroof drains. I was able to do this effectively on the front drains, but it was impossible to reach the rears. The fronts were very clear, and I could clearly discern the sound of the air rushing out in the fender- with no drips so they did not seem to be backed up with water.

Then I checked the inner frame grommets, and I did see 2 missing, but the inside of the frame was dry, and did not smell.

I have put about 20 hours worth of work into this fix now, with no sign of finding the problem source.

This is getting old!

Best always,
Bluemill
I realize that you have stated that the rugs and under-padding is dry. However, this does not mean they have always been dry.

You have stated how much debris you have found/removed from the obvious drain lines. Perhaps they allowed water to enter in the past...caused mold and mildew and dried out.

You have solved the drainage issues, but you may still have to address the carpet and padding (clean/replace).

I hope you can solve this problem!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Have you considered cleaning the HVAC ducts? I used something similar to this on my Del Sol a few years back.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts