Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know exactly where the beep sound module is on the truck? Maybe it's somewhere underneath in the back area? Wondering if I can muffle it a bit since I don't have the ability to turn it off when unlocking the doors with just touching the door handle.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
To keep the folks from PETR at bay (People for the Ethical Treatment of Robots). I don't think you need to ice that little buddy.

If your model allows you to, go into:
Settings Menu > Vehicle > Keyless Access Beep > and select "Off"

What I don't quite know yet, is if those settings are per keyfob. If they are, Honda doesn't tell you which is active if you have both of them on hand.

I saved a droid's life today.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
To keep the folks from PETR at bay (People for the Ethical Treatment of Robots). I don't think you need to ice that little buddy.

If your model allows you to, go into:
Settings Menu > Vehicle > Keyless Access Beep > and select "Off"

What I don't quite know yet, is if those settings are per keyfob. If they are, Honda doesn't tell you which is active if you have both of them on hand.

I saved a droid's life today.
AFAIK .. same as other settings...it applied to BOTH key FOB... the only specific FOB settings are the seat position(without the lumbar supports) & sideview mirrors so anything through the head unit are set as the overall and not FOB specific. :wink: ( I could be wrong on the icons customizing or the radio presets..etc. )

·
Registered
928 Posts
Are you talking about the beep noise it makes when you hit the lock button on the front doors? It doesn't seem to be that loud to me.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
One of the jobs the beeper has is to let you know that you are walking away from a running truck. Wife thought it was some kind of lock sound. Took her a while to learn how to get used to the non-use of keys in the new car.??

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
AFAIK .. same as other settings...it applied to BOTH key FOB... the only specific FOB settings are the seat position(without the lumbar supports) & sideview mirrors so anything through the head unit are set as the overall and not FOB specific. :wink: ( I could be wrong on the icons customizing or the radio presets..etc. )
Door locking and unlocking settings, at least some of them, are specific to the key fobs.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,899 Posts
I've muted and turned off as many beeps as I could using the customized settings. The one sound the car emits that drives me absolutely nuts is the rapid beep beep beep. It does it when the engine is running and you get out of the car and close the door. I guess I can understand that although I'd still like to turn it off.

An inexplicable behavior that I sometimes hear is the rapid beep beep beep when I exit the truck and the engine is not running. Anyone else have that too? And perhaps more importantly, does anyone know what it means and how to turn it off? I'm guessing it might have to do with one of the auto locking features. I use walk-away autolock, but this rapid beep happens before that can take effect.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've muted and turned off as many beeps as I could using the customized settings. The one sound the car emits that drives me absolutely nuts is the rapid beep beep beep. It does it when the engine is running and you get out of the car and close the door. I guess I can understand that although I'd still like to turn it off.

An inexplicable behavior that I sometimes hear is the rapid beep beep beep when I exit the truck and the engine is not running. Anyone else have that too? And perhaps more importantly, does anyone know what it means and how to turn it off? I'm guessing it might have to do with one of the auto locking features. I use walk-away autolock, but this rapid beep happens before that can take effect.
YES! This drives me nuts, and wifey hates it even more! Getting out of the vehicle and hearing these rapid beeps for no apparent reason is very unhelpful and annoying. There are way too many beeps in general with this vehicle. I'd like to know how to disable most of them!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had a mysterious beeping this morning. Turns out I was trying to turn off the auto hi-beams but was really just turning the auto lights off. It was beeping to alert me the headlights were still on. They did go off automatically after a while anyways.

·
Registered
60 Posts
YES! This drives me nuts, and wifey hates it even more! Getting out of the vehicle and hearing these rapid beeps for no apparent reason is very unhelpful and annoying. There are way too many beeps in general with this vehicle. I'd like to know how to disable most of them!

Happens to me sometimes, I think a door will look closed but not actually be closed all the way or a sensor doesn't appreciate it as closed. The fix to get it to auto lock is to firmly close the affected door. Has happened to all doors to me and you have to find the one ajar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts