Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a camper shell?

Post 'em up!

No debating aesthetics. We all know Ridgelines are cosmetically challenged. :act024:

This is about added functionality.

ARE or LEER, go for it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here's my rig.

Yes it's two tone. No, I don't plan on painting it.

When it comes to looks, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Embrace it. Ha!

After 3 years of ownership, I'm kicking myself for not purchasing one sooner.

I was about to purchase a BakFlip tonneau cover, but was always put off by the price brand new ~$1000.

This LEER camper popped up 2 months ago, right before the storms.

Got it for $600 used from my local craigslist.

I added a Pop N Lock to the tailgate and it's a secure setup.

Taffeta White with Black Cherry Mica :

Donor car:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Also found mine on Craigslist. Its a silver Leer that I painted with Plastidip black for now. It actually looks pretty good this way, the plastidip gives it a little texture almost like the black Jeep Wrangler top.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking for a camper shell silver but black would also work

I am in Colorado
You'll have to be very patient if you're looking for a second hand camper.

They don't often come up for sale, and when they do they tend to get snatched up quickly.

And you may not have the luxury of choosing what color. Buy what becomes available and paint to match, if needed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome shot by royrogers

My A.R.E. keeps my dog secure in her crate, and my climbing and camping gear safely stowed. I ordered the cap from A.R.E with rails to use with my Yakima tower system so I can put bikes on top or attach my Thule roof box for extra storage. Quick and easy to take the bars on and off the cap.

Maybe the LEER design has changed from 2008, but I chose the A.R.E. over LEER because the A.R.E. had screens over the side windows and they also opened a lot wider than the LEER. Just noticed on the preview that my running boards hadn't been installed at the time the photo was taken in '08. My truck was only a month old at the time. Four years later and my cap has not leaked at all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Another two-tone from duc_181

I just bought my '08 with an ARE cap yesterday!

Wasn't sure about the look of the truck with the cap installed, but it was a good deal and the cap adds so much functionality. I do appreciate the previous owner's choice to go with black on the white truck.

ghilber - I measured 31.25" vertically from the bed to the inner lip of the cap.

View attachment 58224

View attachment 58225

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From the Ridgeline's can tow thread

Cross post by cdepuydt :

OK, here's the picture of me/my RL towing my 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport off to get the engine replaced. Jeep weighs around 3200 and the trailer weighed in at 2100...so I was towing right around the RL's max capacity...towed it about 170 miles and then the empty trailer about 210 miles. It did a fanstastic job. I was impressed.

I also spent the better part of two hours yesterday pulling a full sized pickup out of a snowbank yesterday too. We were working in 40 MPH winds, with almost zero visability, and the last thought on my mind was to take a picture...but I kinda wished I would have.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I am new to the forum. I just purchased an ARE camper shell. Any body has picture of the mounting hardware that is used to hold the shell to the truck ! I was able to fixed the camper shell to the truck but I think is not the factory hardware. Called ARE an BAD SERVICE lady said there was no description for the item. The issue I have is with the current mounting hardware the truck won't open... it hits the one the right side of the mounting hardware.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts