Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1521 - 1540 of 1543 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Hey Speed, Got a question...

How the HELL does anyone post over 22,000 times?????

·
Super Moderator
22,615 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Howdy Comma's! Saw some stuff on the inner webs and wanted to ask some "true" and honest Honda owners and figured this is the worlds safest thread.
Some peeps wrote that Honda paint is thin and many have the roof paint, followed by the hood starting to flake off. Even said Honda has an extended warranty for this but they don't tell anyone about it.
Is this a Honda issue or some other brand trolling to scare people away?
I'll be buying another ride the end of this year and really wanting back into a Honda but wanted to ask, thanks!

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
^^ There have been some reports of "thin" paint on certain model years of Ridgelines, but it doesn't seem to be pinpointed to a specific year or color. My 07's nimbus gray paint is still plenty glossy and not showing any signs of fading, cracking or chipping. I think it's all in how one takes care of their truck. If you wash your truck by driving it in the rain and never wax/seal the paint, you're going to run into issues down the road.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
How about the 19s? thanks
Being that I own an 07, I don't keep too many tabs on the Gen2 trucks. Plus, the only paint defects that would be detectable on a new truck is orange peel or overspray. Durability and longevity of the paint/clear quality won't be known for many years from now. I'm sure a G2 owner like Roger could chime in on this.

·
Super Moderator
12,575 Posts
How about the 19s? thanks
Having averaged a new vehicle every year for the last three decades, I can say that the last vehicle I owned with "durable" paint was a 1999 Buick. Just about every vehicle since then has had "thin" paint that chips down to the primer with the tiniest pebble strike. I've become a semi-pro at filling in chips with factory touch-up paint and Langka Blob Eliminator and Dr. ColorChip kits.

I see and drive a lot of different vehicles and can't say Honda's paint is any worse overall than any other manufacturer's - it's all "thin" these days in the interest of cost and weight savings.

With that said, I do tend to see more Hondas with excessive orange peel, lack of gloss, debris under the paint, and clearcoat runs compared to other brands. Paint is not one of Honda's best attributes. There have been a couple of periods in the last 15 years where Honda had "major" paint problems (Civics, Odysseys, and Pilots come to mind). In both cases, they extended the paint warranty.

I saw a new, white HR-V in a showroom a few weeks ago that had a very sporty matte finish. Problem is - it was supposed to be glossy. :(

·
Super Moderator
22,615 Posts
I thought the Honda paint issue was directly related to the green initiative.

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Working on 10k by the end of this year. I only get on here a couple times a day during the week anymore, but I do enjoy the metamorphosis this forum has undergone over the years. Can't believe we're legitimately talking about a Gen 3 RL now when we spent SOOO Many years discussing what a Gen 2 would look like.

·
Super Moderator
22,615 Posts
Hey, I am 2K+., yet I am listed as 1K+. Technically they are the same, but dammit I want my name moved up. Who manages the darn edits???!! Wake up!!! :surprise:

Just kidding and @speedlever, with over 22K posts, you are a wh0r3!! >:) Post wh0r3!!
Lol, You're just jealous. :D

Working on 10k by the end of this year. I only get on here a couple times a day during the week anymore, but I do enjoy the metamorphosis this forum has undergone over the years. Can't believe we're legitimately talking about a Gen 3 RL now when we spent SOOO Many years discussing what a Gen 2 would look like.
Not to mention all the discussions if there would even be a G2 RL!

Remember the diesel discussions? Honda had one ready and shelved it at the last minute. Go figure. Or maybe go Ito. :|

Edit: @smufguy oops, there's another one for ya. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
I know we have a thumbs up/like button. Can we get a thumbs down button ?? :grin:

BTW, there was another forum I used to be part of for years and there were certain sections and threads you can post all you want, but never counted towards your post-count. Do we have such a feature here?

·
Registered
9,803 Posts
Not to mention all the discussions if there would even be a G2 RL!

Remember the diesel discussions? Honda had one ready and shelved it at the last minute. Go figure. Or maybe go Ito. :|

Ah yes, the diesel discussion. What was it - a 2.8 liter inline 6 or something like that? And who can forget all the talks of a small V8? Supposedly Honda did have a 4.4 liter V8 designed and even had some prototypes. Then... gas hit $4.50 a gallon and destroyed any chance of it ever coming to fruition. I can't even begin to imagine what it would have sounded like or the aftermarket potential of it. 350hp V8 RL? Yes please.

·
Super Moderator
22,615 Posts
I know we have a thumbs up/like button. Can we get a thumbs down button ?? :grin:

BTW, there was another forum I used to be part of for years and there were certain sections and threads you can post all you want, but never counted towards your post-count. Do we have such a feature here?
Nope and nope, in that order. ;)

(at least, not that I know of).

·
Super Moderator
6,790 Posts
BTW, I know @northernlights is really hating the new site format, and I hear you!
But I just noticed he had crossed into 4k posts and I hadn't moved him yet. I just hope you stick around for 5k.

Love ya, you Steel Blue Brother!

As always, if anyone sees someone who needs moved, let me or any moderator know
@speedlever @Sparkland or @zroger73

1521 - 1540 of 1543 Posts