Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pdf of the design process the Element went through. I think it might be interesting for people to note all the inputs into a vehicle and compromises that have to be made, as well as how the marketing department focuses in on a demographic to sell to.

http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/files/schumaker.pdf

The new Ridgeline has certainly gone through a similar process.

Chip H.

·
Registered
452 Posts
That was really cool. I loved my 2007 Element. It was a good little car. Stupid deer basically totaled it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
979 Posts
Interesting how many early markups indicated "too girly", "more truckness", "tougher", etc... They seemed to understand it.

Then look what has happened to the CR-V & Pilot....

Thanx for sharing!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new CR-V is certainly much safer than the 2000 I used to have. But it has also lost a lot of the "spunkiness" the original had. If only the HR-V offered a manual transmission and AWD...

It was interesting to see the repeated references to the product being a failure if they made it look too much like a minivan.

They didn't really go into how the Element got it's name -- that's a huge part of marketing a brand new vehicle.

Chip H.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
An interesting look behind the scenes, thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting. Traded my Element last year in for my Ridgeline. Guessed I missed it a little too much, so added another Element to my garage last weekend. It's fun having both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts