Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ask and you shall receive...don't know exactly where this truck is, but if its lift you want then its lift you get. Sorry for the crappy pic...its a scan of a bad digi photo printout ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
It looks too nice to use for off-roading. It would look better in a mini-monster truck show.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i think it is ugly...... :cool:

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Is it for real or is it a Photoshop special?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's real it was at a honda event down in the states...and if I was that good at using photoshop I wouldn't be working at honda :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
When I took my RL in for an oil change, I asked if they had sold any others yet as I still haven't seen any others around town yet. One of the guys said he saw one with lifts and he liked it a lot.

Not for me.

·
Registered
774 Posts
As I stated on a previous post, the Ridgeline is far too sophisticated for this type of treatment. I'll be selling mine if I start seeing this type of stuff show up on the roads.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had asked about lifts in an earlier thread and no one got excited. I guess Ridgeline buyers tend not to be REAL truckers! ;)

Seriously, we are among the Ridgeline owners who are completely new to pickup trucks, and given the clearance on the Ridge is only barely adequate for a Texas driveway (!) I wonder if just a few inches of lift is hard to do??? How??? Advice or links are welcome--I am clueless about how this is done!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Thanks for posting this picture, kid. I think it would get better "mileage" if it were posted on one of those 4x4 trucker web sites where all they can do is dis the Ridge for not being off road enough for them. They should know that it is customizable if they could get over their biases.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
A little lift might be nice, but too much looks silly. I would still love to see someone come up with a computer controlled air bag system similar to this one available for the Jeep Wrangler (http://www.offroadonly.com/products/suspension/airock/).

This way you can get lift when and if you need it. Otherwise, you can ride at stock height and no one would know the difference. It also auto levels for those heavy payloads.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was into the lift thing back in the day but I agree this one doesn't look good. I've actually done a lift or two. This one looks mostly like a body lift, which is about the easiest to do. Main reason to do it, fit BIGGER tires in the wheel wells. If you look at the pick, this looks like a major body lift. Oh, and whats up with those UGLY :eek: paint/sticker effects, kinda look like fake flames or something. Hey, is that a Elvis look alike in the background? Damn, did Elvis buy a ridge?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cant say i like the lifted look myself, either. My cousin just got a F-350 super duty, HUGE mother wheels, and lifted it to maximum legal limit.. HUGE, but nice looking. Very "bigfooty". Thats the kind of truck you lift. Personally, my ridge is to sophisticated to "monster" out. BUT, to each his own. as long as the image of the vehicle is not ruined by non owners who see something like that.
I think about the only thing i am interested in, is juuuust a little more rumble in the exhaust. but thats another thread entirely!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah..me too-I would love a little rumble without the wet fart noise you hear on so many imports. I'm also jonesing for some wheels-they are just too small and ugly-but I don't think I want to risk changing all of the engineering dynamics just for looks. I carry precious cargo in my truck :)

·
Registered
536 Posts
um... how do you do a body lift on a unibody truck?

I would like to see a mild lift on the Ridgeline, say 2". It's a bit embarrassing that we have to take our Subaru and not the Ridgeline if we need extra clearance on bad fire roads.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Tux said:
I was into the lift thing back in the day but I agree this one doesn't look good. I've actually done a lift or two. This one looks mostly like a body lift, which is about the easiest to do. Main reason to do it, fit BIGGER tires in the wheel wells. If you look at the pick, this looks like a major body lift. Oh, and whats up with those UGLY :eek: paint/sticker effects, kinda look like fake flames or something. Hey, is that a Elvis look alike in the background? Damn, did Elvis buy a ridge?
Elvis has probably been spotted more times in the last few months than Ridgelines. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts