Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Nice color - if I were to buy a 2020 I would get this color. I presently have a 2017 Forest Mist Metallic, so I buck the white/black/silver/grey bandwagon.

In 1979 my Dad custom ordered a Ford Club Wagon (E150 passenger van) with a two tone paint job - a dark bronze metallic like your pewter, with a cream window panel accent color. I loved that color, it disappeared for about 35+ years, but is now back in fashion again

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My trade-in was a 2017 RTL-T in the Forest Mist Green. Love the color but the new RL’s do not have that color. You can see a picture I posted under to topic. “Where have you been”

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
The Pewter is nice but a black interior is not for me. If they had offered the Pewter with beige interior option, it would be my choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Pewter is nice but a black interior is not for me. If they had offered the Pewter with beige interior option, it would be my choice.
Yeah, but I was actually seeking the black interior. Most of the pictures it looks dark grey, but it is black. Honda used white stitching and that little detail looks sharp.

Anyone that is a Saints football fan, especially if they are tailgate party fans this truck is perfect. I am a Rams fan myself.

DogOnBoard take care and be safe.

·
Registered
2011 RTL w/Nav
286 Posts
I'm in the exact same camp. If I was buying today, I would like the Pewter with a beige interior. I have a 2011 RTL/Nav in Mocha Metallic with a beige interior and love it. In fact I'd like to see a G2 in Pewter and a G1 in Mocha side by side just out of curiosity for comparison. Does anyone happen to know how similar or dissimilar they are?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in the exact same camp. If I was buying today, I would like the Pewter with a beige interior. I have a 2011 RTL/Nav in Mocha Metallic with a beige interior and love it. In fact I'd like to see a G2 in Pewter and a G1 in Mocha side by side just out of curiosity for comparison. Does anyone happen to know how similar or dissimilar they are?
There is a G1 in the Gold in town, it is well maintained and a good looking truck. Doubt we ever get side by side, will take a picture if it were to happen. Very rare color. My truck is deeper and darker. My G2 in Forrest mist metallic I always thought was similar to the G1 in green till you see them together. Not so.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I lived in Siskiyou County for about 20 years, frequently passed through Weaverville, and thought I recognized the skyline.
Well that explained the mystery, had all the RL’s in Wvvl in my head and of the two white ones they are both sport trims. See you have black interior, great!

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Just to keep the score even, I also prefer the black interior with any exterior color.

Reactions: Kevo

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,311 Posts
Love that color. I was really tempted, but our two corgis told me "No". They shed a ton and black interior is just too much with all that hair. Settled on the Modern Steel with gray.......easier at least.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Love that color. I was really tempted, but our two corgis told me "No". They shed a ton and black interior is just too much with all that hair. Settled on the Modern Steel with gray.......easier at least.
Well congratulations. I did mull over the steel metallic, beautiful color. I am very happy with the Pewter color, and my wife loves it.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,311 Posts
Blue denim jeans never phase black leather seats, not visibly anyhow.....wish I could say that about my light gray leather.🤷‍♂️
I have a Mini Cooper S with satellite gray leather seats, which is actually a shade of white, and in two years, no stains. Honda leather is thinner however.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The denim discoloration (not a penetrating stain) is gradual over time on light colored leather......our current RAV4 is the same way, as well as previous other vehicles, with light colored leather, have done. Other folks have noted denim discoloration on light colors as well.

I use a little Woolite/water mix rubbed on the seat(s) with a soft sponge and the discoloration is removed instantly since the discoloration is on the surface.....but does gradually re-appear. I do like my blue jeans. I did not know one fake/pseudo leather was thicker than another.🤷‍♂️

When I say denim doesn't phase black leather, it does.....you just can't see it. That soft sponge with Woolite/water on it gets just as dirty cleaning black leather as it does cleaning light gray leather......I know from experience, I've had both black leather and light gray leather seats. Not in the same vehicle, of course.;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts