Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just a back of the envelope calcification.

There are just over 1000 Honda dealers in the US by some 2014 stats
that I looked up.

Other posts have said that Honda produces just over 200 RL per day.

I am not sure if it operates all week but even if only 5 days, that would be one vehicle per dealer per week.

Of course, all dealers are far from equal but it would be a good appx. starting number.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
When the ROC toured the Alabama Honda Manufacturing - they said they could make 800 vehicles per day.

That comes to one for each dealer every 2 days or 2.6 Ridgelines per week.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When the ROC toured the Alabama Honda Manufacturing - they said they could make 800 vehicles per day.
Of course that assumes that they have given the RL priority. On the one hand, they need to build up inventory, OTOH, maybe it does not have priority over better selling vehicles.

In either case, those dealers that are saying August or fall are clearly just totally full of it. I suspect we will have no problem finding one to drive within a month or two. Where we may have problems is finding the lower trim levels or one in the color we want.

The good news for me is I am looking for an E anyway and they appear to prioritize those and the blacks (Of course, I hate any black - or white - vehicles, we have color vision, why not use it?) that should make my search a bit easier.

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
With the Odyssey on its way out, I doubt they are making too many of those right now. It's probably all Pilots and Ridgelines right now. Has the MDX moved to Ohio yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts