Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seven thousand miles and I was pranged. Backing of a parking space, I finished backing up and then felt a bang, another guy was backing out behind me and did not look backed into my right rear quarter panel, scraped the paint off, scuffed the tail light lens and popped the panel out but I smacked it and it popped back in place. The other driver did not se habla insurance, so I called it an Acci-Dent. I went home and tried to rub out the damage, no lasting dents but some paint missing, I took the time to wax the truck, found squirel poop on the roof, cleaned it but it etched the paint, its blue with yellow spots now.

The new is gone, I have white scatches in my bed, the dog farted in the cab (nothing takes away that new car smell like dog farts). Thinking of a few truck mod.s now, what do you think about screw on tie down rings on the rear fenders, maybe a two by six for a rear bumper.
I think I will start chewing tobaco, kind of think the stains on the door will tie in with the squirel poop motif, mabe some atlers or cow horns on the hood. I still think the woody look could be cool, one by two strips glued onto the door instead of those high priced Honda bash gaurds.

Any other ideas out there?

I love my truck even more now as it is no longer a prima dona, I can just use it and enjoy, I will not get upset when my dog lifts his leg on my tire, hell I will wizz on it too and we will both feel better.

I am open to other ideas.

PS: drove from Los Gatos to San Luis Obispo on sunday, had to stop half way down and siphon out some gas, must have been the wax job.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Smoke a big cigar in the cab with the windows shut. It will remove the last of the new car smell and the dog farts!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never aquired the tast for cigars, tends to make me turn green and vomit. This too should help eliminate that pesky new car smell.

I am also currious as to when to empty out the beer cans in the back seat, do you let them pile up to the window sills and let gravity do the work when you open a door at a rest stop or is it still vogue to chuck them out the window along the highway.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Ordinarily I would go with the "let them pile up to the window's" method, but with the rear under seat storage of the Ridgeline it could take a long time.

The power rear window would be handy for beer can disposal. Just leave the tail gate down and they'll roll right out of the bed.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Silly gurleymen....throw your Old Milwaukee cans out the window...real men can get them to curve on the slipstream into the back of the truck. After my first scratch, I thought I would just turn it into a stakebed truck...you know, putting wood sides on top of the sides of the bed? My wife suggested an even better mod to the wooden stakes on the side...are you ready...Drill a hole in the top of the side of the bed so I can stick a worn out broom in it! That way, I can sweep out all the stuff in the bed without getting the broom buried under the stuff!!! Getting a scratch sort of makes the mind conjure up strange things. But, I bought my truck to use and a scratch just gives it "character"...just like a scar on a face does.

·
Registered
141 Posts
STEVE FROST said:
Thinking of a few truck mods now, what do you think about screw on tie down rings on the rear fenders, maybe a two by six for a rear bumper.
We want pictures!

·
Registered
112 Posts
STEVE FROST said:
The other driver did not se habla insurance, so I called it an Acci-Dent Any other ideas out there?
Mention La-Migra if they don't want to take care of their part.

Also, for these purposes, I've started carrying a cheap digital camera in my Ridge. Insurance agents love good documentation, and the INS might find it helpful as well.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Steve, you know how to make an appalachian station wagon??? Put an old love seat in the back of your truck. Then you'll have seating for 7!!! Take an old yellow tarp and put over it and then you'll have an SUV! :eek:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Here's another classic pick up mod. You need to semi-permenantly load an old back seat from another vehicle facing rearward in the bed. Would make the Ridgeline an 8 passanger vehicle. :D

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Damn. hiPSI beat me to it!

·
Registered
257 Posts
STEVE FROST said:
Seven thousand miles and I was pranged. Backing of a parking space, I finished backing up and then felt a bang, another guy was backing out behind me and did not look backed into my right rear quarter panel, scraped the paint off, scuffed the tail light lens and popped the panel out but I smacked it and it popped back in place.
Dude, that sucks. POst some pics

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it does suck, but only about an inch of mercury, there are much worse problems that you can come across in life. This is just scuffed paint no dents, the squriel poop is more of a problem as it is in several places on the roof.

I will get over it, I love my truck, but it is just a truck a really really nice truck but nuts bolts and stamped sheet metal just the same. I will take good care of it and not abuse it, I will talk to her gently, but she is no longer a virgin and I will not be overly anal about using her as a truck. This is in part what it was made for.

·
Registered
214 Posts
two of the little chick emblems; with there hair flowing;

Sticker of the guy pissing on the chevy emblem.

Fishermen don't read the next line.

a sticker on the bumper that says i would rather be fishing.

Attach some chome exhaust stacks....

Did I step over the line with that one. Hey turn the trunk into a kegger full time.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
You can always trade it in for another new one!! hiPSI, does the name Steve run in your family too? :D

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
STEVE FROST said:
Yeah, it does suck, but only about an inch of mercury, there are much worse problems that you can come across in life. This is just scuffed paint no dents, the squriel poop is more of a problem as it is in several places on the roof.

I will get over it, I love my truck, but it is just a truck a really really nice truck but nuts bolts and stamped sheet metal just the same. I will take good care of it and not abuse it, I will talk to her gently, but she is no longer a virgin and I will not be overly anal about using her as a truck. This is in part what it was made for.
INCH of Mercury!!! What's her number? I bet you that now you know there are squirrel poop marks on your roof, you keep standing on your running boards and taking a look at them hoping they have disappeared, right? Don't sweat it! Only helicopter pilots will ever see them, otherwise!!! :) I don't know if I can be gentle with her anymore, I'd be scolding her for a long time for allowing squirrels to poop on her!! Also, I don't think you want to be stuck with a virgin the rest of your relationship. Heck, I took her virginity on our first date!! (LadyRidge, this thread is not for you, OK?) :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My New is Gone Too

Yes, the new is gone on my ridge as well. Went to pick up the kids from school the other day, parked next to the curb, a little girl was riding her bike, not paying attention, and BAM, she laid her bike handle into the side of the ridge. The girl was okay, but my baby, well, she has a 24 inch - to the metal- scratch down the passanger side of the truck. Man that hurt! The dealer wants $350 to take it out, so it now has become part of the ridge's character. The first one is always the most painful.FONT] :eek:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: My New is Gone Too

The first weekend I had my truck, I took it to walmart one night. I found a spot that I thought was safe, but I did notice a cart close by and I noticed the cart boys. I thought, it was far enough and I didn't want to anal about it.

When we got back, I saw a dent. Oh man, I was depressed... I called a paintless dent repair place and was about to get 98% of it out. If you REALLY REALLY look, I can still see it. But man, what a sad moment.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts