Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to drive on wet roads and sand, really looking for water leaks. I found a water leak only one right under the gas pedal in the corner very isolted in location and soaking wet about a 3 X 5 inch area. every where else inside was dry as bone. I hope you all enjoy these pics. J

Luckily, Ophilia turned out to be a dud!

And no the water was not from water off my shoes, I know someone will ask..

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
hey lowrider90. I was disappointed when I was at the cape a couple weeks ago that I could not go on the beach. I could not get a permit for the Race Point near Ptown because I did not have a full size spare. Where can I go next time I'm down at the cape to be able to drive on the beach? Where were those shots taken? great pics BTW

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This was on chapin beach in Dennis, MA its a short beach, but at the tip you look across the barnstable harbor channel to Sandy Neck. FYI, i don't have a full sized spare, but i'm goint to get one. Anyway, I may be required to have a full spare, but all you need to drive on this beach is the sticker ($170), I read the rules and it did not say anything about a full spare, so there you go.

I have been driving sandy Neck, (route 6a Barnstable/sandwich line) for 25 years. the early years were great, drive anywhere, kegs, fires, dune hopping. today, it's still nice, but, keep it civil, the piping plovers come first.

Beaches to drive on:

Sandy Neck, Sandwich/Barnstable, 5 miles long to the tip, at the tip you will be looking at the pics I have shown. (across the channel).
Crows Neck, Dennnis, Small beach, but nice
Chapin beach, see pics, Dennis, MA
Truro, National Seashore, Awsome, Get th full spare, miles of beach to drive, you want to be equiped for this.
P-town, get the full spare, there may bge others, but these are my stomping grounds!

By the way, all beaches to drive on will require permits, expect to pay as non-resident (120-250) for a full year, usually may to may

Tex's Ridge, Read that post, i felt bad for you, Race Point is really nice. I fish off race point, big bass, tuna, Everything. Graet place, Sorry you could'nt go, but you must at some point, J

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks, very much LowRider90. I printed out the info and will keep in my file for next time. Yes, they require full spare, a shovel, a platform for your jack, a tow strap, etc. Next time...I love the Cape. I love Chatham specially.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts