Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

The numbers are in for September

6284 Views 29 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  zroger73
Thought I would have seen a thread out by now...
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Re: September Sales Numbers

According to the Detroit Free Press, numbers are not announced until tomorrow (Monday).

Proud to have added to the September numbers.
So Honda is reporting 3318 Ridgelines sold for September. I guess they are holding steady, based on this month and the last 3 months sales they may just hit the 40K sales target.

For reference here are the sales reported:

September 3318
August 3437
July 3518
June 2472 (about 13 days of sales)
Numbers keep going down. Maybe the dealers will start offering sensible prices...

Yeah, I know...limited availability, etc. But it is a negotiating point, however small it is....
If they seriously have a 40k production limit, then it will never exceed sales of the G1
I think that they were being conservative when they rolled it out and said 40K. We all know the plant is at max capacity. When Joe was around he shared what he knew about the production plan. Remember that right now the plant produces 4 different vehicles, MDX, Pilot, Odyssey and lastly our favorite vehicle.

We can only hope prices come down at some point but who knows when? The '17 Pilot rolls out in December and I was told that the new Odyssey is coming the first of the year or there after.
If you look at their sales report, they state that their MDX sales are up 14%. They sold just shy of 5000 MDX's last month, the Pilot sold 9200 and the Odyssey 8954.
I think that they were being conservative when they rolled it out and said 40K. We all know the plant is at max capacity. When Joe was around he shared what he knew about the production plan. Remember that right now the plant produces 4 different vehicles, MDX, Pilot, Odyssey and lastly our favorite vehicle.

We can only hope prices come down at some point but who knows when? The '17 Pilot rolls out in December and I was told that the new Odyssey is coming the first of the year or there after.
Perhaps Honda is/was retooling for the new Odyssey. Whether or not that affects the Ridgeline line I don't know. At the 2010 plant tour, they wouldn't let us see the Ridgeline line because it was on the same line as the Odyssey at the time. Sometimes they flip-flop, though. It's interesting that there's been no news on the next Odyssey lately - no car shows, no new spy photos, etc. Makes me wonder if Honda might stretch stretch out the current generation one more year like the are doing with the CR-V, which is living a year longer than it ever has before despite receiving an "SE" trim for 2016 (which historically has indicated the last of a current generation for Honda).

Looks like "the people" are demanding the RTL-E trim while Honda keeps supplying Sport and RTL trims.
What if demand is outstripping supply? If demand for Ridgeline continues to be strong, would Honda shift manufacturing around to build more Ridgelines at HMA, or move some production to Ohio (they can always build some of their cars overseas)?

I remember reading in that C&D article that a basic tenet of Honda manufacturing is that any of their vehicles can be built in any of their plants with very minimal re-tooling. Food for thought.
Well, we can only hope that someone other than the product planners are looking at the sales of all the models and make the right manufacturing choices and more importantly make the right distribution choices. Here in South Florida the 2wd are stale but every AWD is sold before it hits the ground or within days. Yet you look across the nation and the AWD are everywhere else in the country. Then lets talk about the model mix, as others have stated the E's and the BE's don't last very long either unless they get jacked up with a stupid mark up. Time will tell...
Tough time getting an AWD in California
Looked long and hard before I found one
I thought we had a post from Joe or someone else that Honda already moved all MDX production from HMA to Ohio?

I know demand and sales will go down over the next several months, but those are pretty strong numbers for the RL. Around 35-40k units per year is a good number for the niche truck.
Interesting looking at the September numbers for all trucks at year to year that even in this low gas price environment over the time period, it's not like people have been flocking to full size like you might think. Granted the overall numbers are much more, but year to year mid size has been bumping up in percentage.
If I understand correctly, that is sales numbers, not build numbers. Mine was sold in August, built in Sept and will be delivered in Oct. what month does it get included in? I think Oct.
Sales are counted when the vehicle is delivered.

We used to get built numbers in the past but that's not available. However if you look at the graphic that was posted there have been over 10,00 or so sales reported. If you go by the VIN numbers there are maybe 14000 or so built but not sure since the VINs are not sequential between the 2wd and AWD. 2wd are hovering around 6000 and the AWD are in the 14000 and it was mentioned that the first built started with 1001. That does not take into account what may be sitting at the plant or in transit. I think transit time is at around 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought we had a post from Joe or someone else that Honda already moved all MDX production from HMA to Ohio?
Joe's said MDX production was moving to Ohio quite a while ago, maybe over a year ago when Ito was ousted? Then recently someone posted that only the four-cylinder MDX production had moved there, but that doesn't make much sense because they have V6 engines in Ohio, too....unless it's a 9-speed trans issue of some sort...
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.