Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

We need to make reservations on the Dolly Steamboat so I need to ask...

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after many great ideas on where to have this year's Phoenix ROC meet, we have decided on a 3 part meet. This is going to be LEGENDARY!!!

Saturday November 7th
10:00 AM we will all meet at Goldfield Ghost town just outside of Apache Junction. (Google "Goldfield, Apache Junction" for directions) After a little visiting and some awesome photo opts, we will ....

10:30 AM ... we will drive to the Canyon Lake Marina. The drive is an amazingly beautiful winding road adventure through Arizona's Superstition mountains. Don't worry, the parts of the Apache Trail that we will be on is paved.

12:00 noon we will take a ride on the Dolly Steamboat. The Dolly Steamboat offers a mini-vacation aboard an old-fashioned sternwheeler. The boat cruise secluded inner waterways that are only accessible by boat. The Dolly Steamboat carries on a tradition of tour boats on a scenic desert lake that started back in 1925.

1:30 PM after the tour we will head back to Goldfield and have lunch at The Mammoth Steakhouse & Saloon.

Reservations are recommended for the Dolly Steamboat so please take the poll if you can definitely make the meet and I will make reservations. Or you can order yours online. See the link below. Also, please PM me to let me know how many will be in your party. I will be calling them this week and looking for discounts. 50% off coupons can be found in the "2010 Entertainment book"

See you all in Goldfield!!! :D

Links:
http://www.dollysteamboat.com
http://www.goldfieldghosttown.com

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Great!! I'll be there for the boat ride! :D

Tell me more about the 2010 Entertainment book.......:confused:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great!! I'll be there for the boat ride! :D

Tell me more about the 2010 Entertainment book.......:confused:
It's a book of coupons called, "The Entertainment Book" that I purchased from a friends daughter. She was selling them for some school project. It's full of lots of good coupons. My mother in law liked it so much that she went straight to their website and ordered one. She's only in AZ for 4 months and got her money's worth out of the book. I think the book is around $35.00. I have the 2009 book and it has a coupon that expires on November 1st, 2009 for the steamboat ride. It gives you 50% off on I think 3 tickets. Here is the website if you want the book, www.entertainment.com

Also I Googled Dolly Steamboat coupons and found this site. It's a buy one and get 50% off the second. This coupon is free!
http://www.ezlooky.com/coupons/coupon_details2.php?Action=4&i_userID=358

I will call the steamboat ticket office in the next couple of days and find out what other deals I should be aware of.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
I'm in. If they'll accept the 2009 Entertainment coupons, I'll give mine to anyone who wants one. I've got the 2010 Entertainment book so I'll have another coupon anyway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bruce - Are you making a reservation and we pay when we get there, or do we buy our tickets before the trip online?

I have gone on the tour twice and one time I bought tickets at the lake and the other time I bought them online. I suggest to everyone to get your tickets before we go up there unless we reserve seats before hand and pay when we get there. That time of year there are a ton of snow birds and the boat sometimes sells out and you will not be able to get a ticket if you wait till you get to the lake to buy your ticket.

This last spring we saw a heard of about 40 big horn sheep come down to the lake and get a drink of water, it was pretty cool.:)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bruce - Are you making a reservation and we pay when we get there, or do we buy our tickets before the trip online?

I have gone on the tour twice and one time I bought tickets at the lake and the other time I bought them online. I suggest to everyone to get your tickets before we go up there unless we reserve seats before hand and pay when we get there. That time of year there are a ton of snow birds and the boat sometimes sells out and you will not be able to get a ticket if you wait till you get to the lake to buy your ticket.

This last spring we saw a heard of about 40 big horn sheep come down to the lake and get a drink of water, it was pretty cool.:)
Rusty and I are going to visit the Dolly Steamboat this weekend and find out all of the particulars. Coupons, reservations, group discounts, everything. I'll post the information once I find it out. By the way, anyone can purchase tickets online.

If anyone's on the fence with this one, I strongly suggest checking out the Dolly Steamboat website (URL is in my first post). My wife wasn't sure if she wanted to attend this meet but after seeing the website - she's in!

FYI, I'm not really keen on the idea of me buying the tickets:eek:. Perhaps as that Saturday draws closer and we have a better count on who is attending, I can at least reserve our places without putting out any cash. We'll find out.

Stay tuned......

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...Great job putting this together, I should know my answer by the end of this week for that weekend.
Thanks Stewie. I'm really only the messenger here. The idea for this meet is the result of many suggestions from a number of Arizona ROC members. Thanks to everyone who suggested.

Hope to see you in November!:)

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Re: The Phoenix Desert Boat Tour with some teasing pics

Bruce and I, along with Bruce's neighbor, did a test run for the Desert Boat Tour and I highly recommend everyone who can join us on November 7th. The drive from Goldfield to the Dolly Steamboat is well worth the time. It's a winding two lane road that you won't mind driving a little slower on. I managed to take a short video that I've got downloaded on my computer and if anyone can tell me how, I'll be happy to include it in a link here. I've got a couple of pics that I have added to entice anyone who is still thinking about the meet.

The weather today is beautiful and should be even better in November. The boat ride is 90 minutes and from several other people I've talked to, it is a must do for any Arizona native or visitor.

Right now we're talking about meeting around 10:00 at Goldfield, then heading to the steamboat around 10:30, but that may change. I contacted Superstition Honda and they may be willing to allow us to meet there first and then head out to the steamboat. (They're only about 15 minutes from Goldfield) Still working out the details, so give Bruce and me a week or so to figure everything out. I also have one Entertainment coupon, a buy one, get one free, that expires 11-01-09, but the ticket seller said she would still accept it. I will give that to the first person who PM's me. I have another ticket for me and my wife so I can't use this one.

1: Goldfield parking lot, looking southeast towards the Superstition Mountain.
2: The Dolly Steamboat
3: One of two, Single lane bridges that must be crossed to get to the steamboat.
4: View of Canyon Lake from lookout point.

I know it's a month away, but let's see if we can get between 10-15 trucks for this meet. I really think it will be worth your while.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rusty and I had a great time today driving around the Arizona back country. Here are a couple of shots I took today. I'm REALLY looking forward to our November 7th meet.

The first shot is of Rusty's Ridgeline as seen by my passenger side mirror.
Number 2 is the Dolly Steamboat with the Superstition mountains in the background.
Picture number 3 is taken from the parking lot at Goldfield Ghost town. Those are 2 good looking body's. No not Rusty or my neighbor Eldon - I'm talking about the Ridgelines!:D

Good luck Rusty with Superstition Honda!

Anybody thinking about going should NOT get tickets online. You can purchase them with cash, or check at the dock. (WARNING - THEY DO NOT TAKE PLASTIC!) We will initially be reserving 25 seats on the Dolly Steamboat so you will have a seat if you take the poll and or PM me. If you PM me, please let me know how many will be in your party.

Stay tuned - this is going to be GREAT!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Nice pics and research guys. I look forward to the meet :p

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Nicely done fellas, makes a guy want to take another trip out to Az. :D
If you fly out Joe, I'll meet you at the airport! :D Arizona is so diverse that you need more than a week (or weekend) to enjoy it. ;)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Myself and My wife are in for sure! We may meet you all at the lake, I will let you know as the date gets closer. Like I stated in the other emails, I have done the boat ride three times and it is still fun and the drive is a blast!

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
A bump to the top and a plea. Last year the "Top of Phoenix" meet had 10 trucks and I'd like to get at least that many this year. So far it looks like we've got five, with another maybe. Come on Arizona Ridgeliners, I know you're out there, don't be shy. This is a great chance to see some old friends and maybe meet some new ones. I'm working at having Superstition Springs Honda host a morning breakfast before the drive out to Canyon Lake, with gift bags for all who attend, but I need some firm numbers. I can say that one of the gifts will be a Pink Jeep Tour package for two that can be used at next Arizona meet in Sedona, so come on and sign up. That goes for you California, New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado neighbors. Phoenix is only a days drive away from most of you so this could be a great weekend getaway.

I'll be bumping this up on a regular basis, so to shut me up, sign up! :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The wife & kid will be in TN for our nephew's football game, but I'll be there for lunch - passing on a 90 min boat ride... way to confined for me, I'll go crazier. ;)

Sigh... just won't be the same ride in the truck as it is on my bike... :cool:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
...so for right now I will say I am good for the morning activities and maybe the boat ride but gonna have to leave around 12 or 1pm, so depends on how the schedule go when we are up there, will determine how long I can stay.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts