Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 530 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,632 Posts
The selection of 2021 Ridgelines is broad, so long as you want a Sport trim. The sales manager at a Honda dealership told me he would contact me this morning about the availability of either a RTL or RTL-E, still no call.

·
Administrator
19,520 Posts
I've been watching the number of Ridgelines drop daily. A local dealer had as many as 8 and now they have 3. Normally, there is about a 2-3 month supply in dealer inventories. There's currently about a 3 week supply and with Honda having shut down production for over a week already starting March 22 due to supply constraints, supply is going to get even tighter. Dealers are having to rely on markups instead of volume right now. This is a terrible time to buy a new Ridgeline with poor selection and high prices. On the other hand, the 0% interest for 3 years through at least May 3 is nice and used car values are near historic highs.

·
Registered
2020 RTL,2019 Passport Elite
115 Posts
The selection of 2021 Ridgelines is broad, so long as you want a Sport trim. The sales manager at a Honda dealership told me he would contact me this morning about the availability of either a RTL or RTL-E, still no call.
What color are you looking for?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,632 Posts
Pacific Pewter, White, or Red. I also like Silver, but I want a change from what I have presently.

Reactions: VA Ribs

·
Registered
2020 RTL,2019 Passport Elite
115 Posts
Greeley Honda has RtL-E white, silver and red listed on website. Markley Honda up here in Fort Collins shows a white RTL.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,632 Posts
Greeley Honda has RtL-E white, silver and red listed on website. Markley Honda up here in Fort Collins shows a white RTL.
Thank you. I should have mentioned, my budget is $40K +/-, so I cannot get a decked out RTL-E.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been watching the number of Ridgelines drop daily. A local dealer had as many as 8 and now they have 3. Normally, there is about a 2-3 month supply in dealer inventories. There's currently about a 3 week supply and with Honda having shut down production for over a week already starting March 22 due to supply constraints, supply is going to get even tighter. Dealers are having to rely on markups instead of volume right now. This is a terrible time to buy a new Ridgeline with poor selection and high prices. On the other hand, the 0% interest for 3 years through at least May 3 is nice and used car values are near historic highs.
I just received 3k off MSRP on 2021 Whire pearl BE in Massachusetts.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I went and looked at a 2021 Black Edition in Pearl White today. It was a beautiful vehicle and EVERYTHING was perfect... too perfect. I was quoted $41,xxx OUT THE DOOR from a local North Texas Honda Dealer. Something was amiss but since it was in writing I figured it was worth a short trip.

The numbers we worked out over e-mail and phone call were in writing. My trade was in writing. Everything was in writing... Something stunk.

We got to the table and everything had to be "verified" as they don't deal in the type of truck I was looking to trade (2020 Ram 2500 4x4) so they had to make a few calls. The price was also a bit up for discussion at this point. Keep in mind I had a firm offer on my trade based on the VIN, mileage, pictures, etc... A good price was in writing but they weren't sure they could do that number any longer. I got up and started walking around.

Long story short, the $41k price was tee'd up for the finance guy hoping to inflate the sales price with this contract, that service, etc... I said I just wanted the truck and he told me the bank wants them to ensure the vehicle is serviced and cared for properly. Yeah... BS.

I asked for my key, to my truck, and no one could find it. Hand signals were shared between salesman and sales manager and I was nearly blocked from leaving.

Long story short... I did not buy the Ridgeline and left with mine.

However, if you are in the market, I will send you my quote for $41k IN WRITING if you want to go to bat.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,185 Posts
When the monthly sales numbers come out these next couple months, everybody be like "Ridgeline doesn't sell!".

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,632 Posts
I went and looked at a 2021 Black Edition in Pearl White today. It was a beautiful vehicle and EVERYTHING was perfect... too perfect. I was quoted $41,xxx OUT THE DOOR from a local North Texas Honda Dealer. Something was amiss but since it was in writing I figured it was worth a short trip.

The numbers we worked out over e-mail and phone call were in writing. My trade was in writing. Everything was in writing... Something stunk.

We got to the table and everything had to be "verified" as they don't deal in the type of truck I was looking to trade (2020 Ram 2500 4x4) so they had to make a few calls. The price was also a bit up for discussion at this point. Keep in mind I had a firm offer on my trade based on the VIN, mileage, pictures, etc... A good price was in writing but they weren't sure they could do that number any longer. I got up and started walking around.

Long story short, the $41k price was tee'd up for the finance guy hoping to inflate the sales price with this contract, that service, etc... I said I just wanted the truck and he told me the bank wants them to ensure the vehicle is serviced and cared for properly. Yeah... BS.

I asked for my key, to my truck, and no one could find it. Hand signals were shared between salesman and sales manager and I was nearly blocked from leaving.

Long story short... I did not buy the Ridgeline and left with mine.

However, if you are in the market, I will send you my quote for $41k IN WRITING if you want to go to bat.
That story is becoming more and more typical, unfortunately. I told myself if I could get a White BE for $40-41K, I would do it.

Reactions: Sandevino

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,632 Posts
No white RTL at Markley even though it is advertised.

Greeley Honda is selling at MSRP only.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That story is becoming more and more typical, unfortunately. I told myself if I could get a White BE for $40-41K, I would do it.
Didn't get the BE, but didn't get a '21 RTL-E for $40K, sticker was $43.7K
No white RTL at Markley even though it is advertised.
I saw a dealer that listed 2 Red RTL-E's and 1 Blue RTL-E. When I called and talked to them, they didn't have those 3 onsite, and were to be delivered in a week, but they were spoken for already - bummed. I really liked the Red, with alternate of Blue, so now they were talking about 3 or 4 weeks out to get one, possibly in a future shipment. They did have a few White RTL-BEs in stock, but both had the big ugly roof racks, which I didn't want. I wasn't to concerned with color, but I personally didn't want a White or Black, which was the color of my then current truck. They did have a Pacific Pewter RTL-E coming off the truck that day, and they said I could test drive it if I was interested. I didn't and bought it right then.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OP: Do you really need a new vehicle right now? If not, just wait six months or so. Buying a 2021 Ridgeline right now is like buying a generator the day after a hurricane hits.
There is not an immediate need. I've just been in the market for literally years. My favorite out of all the mid-sized pickups was always the RL but the exterior look just didn't make me pull the trigger. Now that Honda addressed that a couple other gripes I had, I'm more than ready to replace my 2002 Dakota. But it would seem the stars have aligned such that it is not meant to be yet.

Looking for a Red RTL-E.

1 - 20 of 530 Posts