Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
521 - 530 of 530 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dealer BS or potentially real?

I have had a deposit on an RTL-E for 2+ months. Got a few calls & email last week stating they expect the car to arrive before the end of the month, but admitted they have no real idea until the Ridgeline is actually shipped. Nothing is showing as 'in transit' on the Honda website yet so my expectations are low.

In this nutty auto market does anyone really know how the dealers are notified of pending allocations/shipments and how accurate that info is even to the dealer at this time?

Thanks for your assistance
Michael
I ordered an RTL E in mid June. The build date is not until August 29th. They informed me last week it will be a 2022 model.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport (ETA TBD...)
141 Posts

I have had a deposit on an RTL-E for 2+ months. Got a few calls & email last week stating they expect the car to arrive before the end of the month, but admitted they have no real idea until the Ridgeline is actually shipped. Nothing is showing as 'in transit' on the Honda website yet so my expectations are low.

In this nutty auto market does anyone really know how the dealers are notified of pending allocations/shipments and how accurate that info is even to the dealer at this time?

Michael
so my sport that was supposed to arrive in may, dealer told me in May that mine was supposed to then arrive in July. A week later I was told July 18 date for it to be shipped. It should now arrive July 22-26 and is showing as in transit. The dealer is not the biggest in my area but seems to have kept their word!

Reactions: Cassidy

·
Registered
24 Posts

Michael
That is the same thing I went through…always at the end of the month. When I did finally pick mine up the manager said they really don’t know what is coming until the vehicle is assigned to them and in transit. They Sent that message to the dealer on Weds., and it was delivered on Thursday; they had no idea it was coming in that week.
information for what it is worth.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,631 Posts
These numbers are staggering. Same store profits on each new car sold at AutoNation dealers in the second quarter of 2021 averaged $4200 on the front end (sales dept) and $2300 on the back end (F&I office), for a grand total of nearly $6500 for each unit sold. That is why auto manufacturers/dealers are raking in the money.

The video goes on to say in a normal situation the profit per unit totaled only around $1500 or less.

Reactions: Kevin215

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport (ETA TBD...)
141 Posts
These numbers are staggering. Same store profits on each new car sold at AutoNation dealers in the second quarter of 2021 averaged $4200 on the front end (sales dept) and $2300 on the back end (F&I office), for a grand total of nearly $6500 for each unit sold. That is why auto manufacturers/dealers are raking in the money.

The video goes on to say in a normal situation the profit per unit totalled only around $1500 or less.

love those guys! Very informative

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,631 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
497 Posts
Here is the link to the AN quarterly financial support referenced in the video. This won’t last long - the bubble is going to burst.…and it’s a big bubble.

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
301 Posts
Here is the link to the AN quarterly financial support referenced in the video. This won’t last long - the bubble is going to burst.…and it’s a big bubble.

How will a big bubble burst? A market correction due to supply/demand mismatch fixing itself is not a bubble bursting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put money down in early June. First production date third week of June.
Second date third week of July. Third date first week of August. My dealer says they won’t know anything until it enters the transportation system. They are so frustrated with Honda. Oh well. I guess it’ll get here eventually.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put money down in early June. First production date third week of June.
Second date third week of July. Third date first week of August. My dealer says they won’t know anything until it enters the transportation system. They are so frustrated with Honda. Oh well. I guess it’ll get here eventually.
This sounds exactly like what’s happening all over the dealerships; my dealer had no idea when it was coming until a day before the trailer of autos pulled in. I’ve driven mine for a week now and I have say it was worth the wait.

521 - 530 of 530 Posts