Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
601 - 620 of 655 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,933 Posts
Honda of Canada has raised the price of their top of the line Ridgeline by $1,200 for 2022. I wonder if the United States will follow suit?

I have been watching reruns of Chicago Fire on IMDB and every episode has a Honda commercial, including the newly redesigned 2021 Honda Ridgeline. That gives my wife ample opportunity to jab me for the new Red Ridgeline sitting out in the driveway.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
248 Posts
In case anyone thought RLs were becoming easier to get… I would imagine there is certainly more than 1100 dealers in the US…….

Reactions: Older

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E Ridgeline with HPV Package in Pearl White
2,065 Posts
According to ScrapeHero, there are 1,068 Honda automobile dealerships in the US.

What are the numbers in those columns?

What is the date of this information?
Number of new vehicles for sale. So basically one Ridgeline per dealer. I found my unicorn last week in North Carolina. I live in South Carolina. I drove up there, RTL E in Pearl White with HPD sitting in showroom. According to Kelly Blue Book, that was one of 14 total Ridgelines within a 150 mile radius from me and the only RTL E.
Good news is, even tho I paid MSRP they gave me top dollar ( 2K more than msrp of ridgeline) for my trade. I really like the truck after a week and five hundred miles driven.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Zero Ridgelines at the Honda dealer I drive by almost daily.

I have a colleague who sold her H2 last week and is looking for a new vehicle…I don‘t know what to recommend. There’s no inventory of anything worth having.

(Well I helped my son get a sweet Mazda CX30 a couple of weeks ago, lightly used, but it was challenging!)

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,933 Posts
Nissan has shut down their chip factory in Malaysia, due to the Covid outbreak. They will be down at least a month. No Nissan's or Infinity's will be produced. Wonder how bad that will hurt sales of the new Frontier?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nissan has shut down their chip factory in Malaysia, due to the Covid outbreak. They will be down at least a month. No Nissan's or Infinity's will be produced. Wonder how bad that will hurt sales of the new Frontier?
Probably a good thing they don't have chips. The Nissan plan near me has had to shutdown for two weeks as they don't have enough workers to run the plant. Here's a picture a friend of mine posted on Facebook. They are literally standing in the street begging people to come to work.

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
Probably a good thing they don't have chips. The Nissan plan near me has had to shutdown for two weeks as they don't have enough workers to run the plant. Here's a picture a friend of mine posted on Facebook. They are literally standing in the street begging people to come to work.

View attachment 416579
Restaurants in my area are closing their dining areas and reverting back to to-go orders only not because of government mandates, but because they can't find enough people who want to work.

Here's a Honda dealer in a city of 82,000 this weekend.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
248 Posts
Restaurants in my area are closing their dining areas and reverting back to to-go orders only not because of government mandates, but because they can't find enough people who want to work.

Here's a Honda dealer in a city of 82,000 this weekend.

View attachment 416588
thats nuts- I think I have a skewed view of what dealers are going through- I live in the phila burbs and all the lots have at least have some inventory (mostly pilots, passports and crvs). Would be interesting to see photos of other dealer lots.

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
thats nuts- I think I have a skewed view of what dealers are going through- I live in the phila burbs and all the lots have at least have some inventory (mostly pilots, passports and crvs). Would be interesting to see photos of other dealer lots.
Here's a before-and-after shot of a Chevrolet dealer a few months ago.

And a Toyota dealer.

Most of the inventory is now used cars at the few dealers who actually have inventory in my area - they're just organizing and parking them so they look like new inventory.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my 2017 Accord Touring in for a warranty job for the front looking camera and they gave me a Ridgeline RTL as a loaner for the weekend. Loved how it drove and of course quite liked the redesign.
I wasn't in the market for a new one but figured why not see what happens since I don't "need" a new car. Moving from a car to a truck has been on my mind for a while so I decided to see where this journey would take me.

After a few hours of back and forth with the sales guy and the manager we were able to settle on MSRP plus a few add-ons like the tonneau cover, roof rails and splash guards.
I put down $500 June 6th for a Blue RTL-E with a build date of sometime in July and a delivery date of "August". No idea if this was in their allocation or if they did another dealer exchange.
My sales guy has as least kept in touch with me even if he can't give me any solid dates.

7/23 - Call to let me know things are still in process but he expects news soon.

8/4 - Call to let me know they are waiting on transportation. I asked if they have even an estimated delivery window and he wasn't willing to commit to a date but would confirm to me that the truck has been released from inventory to them/me and is just waiting for transportation.

8/14 - Call to let me know they are still waiting on transportation and that he'll be updating me as soon as anything changes. Verified with him again that they are just waiting on the transportation and that the truck does in fact physically exist.
He also let me know on this call this is the last Ridgeline they'll be getting until maybe November and that mine was "the last" one. After reading through this tread I should have asked him if that meant this was the last 2021 they would be getting and if those arriving around Nov would be 2022 models. I would find it odd that 2022 models would arrive this Nov and not next spring but as the current market is proving, things are strange in the world right now.

I'm guessing the transportation issue they're seeing is a combination of overall transportation delays as well as possibly needing to fill the train and or transports with enough vehicles.
My better half suggested I tell him I'm willing to drive to pick it up and to have them not load it on a train. :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
In my experience, "released" in this context means the vehicle has completed the rail part of its journey and is waiting at a railhead to be picked up by a transport truck and delivered to the dealer. This should happen in a matter of days. In my case, it took weeks because the vehicle was damaged in a hail storm while sitting at a rail head waiting to be picked up and had to be repaired before being delivered to the dealer. After learning this, I called the deal off and bought a different Ridgeline from a different dealer. Shortly after the damaged Ridgeline was delivered, it was transferred to another dealer and sold. I guarantee the buyer still doesn't know about that Ridgeline's history.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,381 Posts
It would probably be a good idea to find out where the Ridgeline is physically located at each step of the journey. If it is stuck at the railhead, then it could be delayed from either 1) repairs needed in transit, as @zroger73 described, or 2) they can't find transport drivers (I understand this is becoming a thing now).

You can check weather reports and newspaper reports for hailstorms in the railhead area, once you know where that is.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
It would probably be a good idea to find out where the Ridgeline is physically located at each step of the journey. If it is stuck at the railhead, then it could be delayed from either 1) repairs needed in transit, as @zroger73 described, or 2) they can't find transport drivers (I understand this is becoming a thing now).

You can check weather reports and newspaper reports for hailstorms in the railhead area, once you know where that is.
How would you find out the different stops in its transport to final destination?

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
This information is available in the iN (interactive Network) used by every Honda dealer. Some employees don't know this or are too lazy to look. Once the vehicle arrives at the railhead and is released for pick up by a transport truck, the dealer can track it by calling the transport company which is generally C.A.R. Transport for most Hondas delivered in the US. Again, some employees don't know this or are too lazy to call.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This information is available in the iN (interactive Network) used by every Honda dealer. Some employees don't know this or are too lazy to look. Once the vehicle arrives at the railhead and is released for pick up by a transport truck, the dealer can track it by calling the transport company which is generally C.A.R. Transport for most Hondas delivered in the US. Again, some employees don't know this or are too lazy to call.
Thanks for this!
I contacted my sales rep and he's going to have to reach out to his manager so I think he's in the group that doesn't know how/where to get the location information.
Now I get to wait and see how long it takes for them to get back to me with my location request.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,933 Posts
Our local Toyota dealer usually has hundreds of new vehicles on this back lot, which is usually full. Their on the lot inventory includes, some of which are already marked "sold."
  • 8 Tacoma
  • 7 RAV4
  • 5 4Runner
  • 0 Camry
  • 0 Highlander
  • 0 Tundra

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally heard back from my dealer and apparently the truck has not been released for delivery as they are waiting for electronic hardware that's delayed due to the chip shortage.
Once they get the parts they are waiting on they'll get it installed and send out the truck. So, longer wait for me but according to the sales manager that's the only hold up on getting the Ridgeline I want.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
248 Posts
Finally heard back from my dealer and apparently the truck has not been released for delivery as they are waiting for electronic hardware that's delayed due to the chip shortage.
Once they get the parts they are waiting on they'll get it installed and send out the truck. So, longer wait for me but according to the sales manager that's the only hold up on getting the Ridgeline I want.
brutal- hopefully you get it before 22s start slowly coming in!

601 - 620 of 655 Posts