Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
621 - 640 of 655 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Ridgeline is finally showing as 'in transit' on the Honda site and the dealer said they expect it to arrive by the end of the week (they stated "hopefully arrive by the end of this week" ). I put a deposit down several months ago, so I hope all goes well from this point. The dealer has almost no inventory, so I am anticipating some games to squeeze more money out of the transaction. Fingers crossed!

Good Luck Darthgodzilla!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
My Ridgeline is finally showing as 'in transit' on the Honda site and the dealer said they expect it to arrive by the end of the week (they stated "hopefully arrive by the end of this week" ). I put a deposit down several months ago, so I hope all goes well from this point. The dealer has almost no inventory, so I am anticipating some games to squeeze more money out of the transaction. Fingers crossed!

Good Luck Darthgodzilla!
Good luck to you on your truck coming in soon!
My salesman said mine was in Indiana last Tuesday. The Honda website shows 11 or 12 Ridgelines in transit to 6 different dealerships in KC. They hoped it would be here in KC by the end of the month. I’ll call him today for an update. Be cool to see a truck load of Ridgelines.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
248 Posts

Good Luck Darthgodzilla!
Good luck to you on your truck coming in soon!
My salesman said mine was in Indiana last Tuesday. The Honda website shows 11 or 12 Ridgelines in transit to 6 different dealerships in KC. They hoped it would be here in KC by the end of the month. I’ll call him today for an update. Be cool to see a truck load of Ridgelines.
great see some other trucks starting to come in after the long wait we have had. I had the checklist with me from the forum that was a nice way for me to do a PPI.

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
248 Posts
Make sure to check it over. No worse feeling than getting home from the dealer and finding things that need to be addressed.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,933 Posts
It seems like prospective Ridgeline owners kind of band together when they are waiting on an upcoming vehicle. They share in the anticipation of waiting, and the excitement when they arrive. Sounds like @BWoody and @Cassidy are in that situation right now.

Reactions: Cassidy

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
i think you’re right Sparkland. I’ve purchased many vehicles over 70 plus years. I don’t think I’ve ever put so much thought into the purchase of a vehicle. This is a great forum with a lot of useful, beneficial, and detailed information to current and future Ridgeline owners. Thanks to all of you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2021 Ridgeline arrived!
Just under a 4 month wait after deposit.

I was able to get the truck, in the color and options i wanted. After a couple years of lurking, reading, learning, and figuring out what I wanted with the help of this forum and its members I am happy to finally join your ranks as an actual owner.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Congratulations Cassidy! Looking good.
Looks like mine other than the roof racks. Getting the Undercover ArmorFlex installed this afternoon. I’ll get some pictures and post them later today.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
My dealership usually has 450 new Hondas on the lot. Monday they had 4.
it was interesting what the finance manager told me. I said I felt sorry for all they were dealing with. Nothing on the lot to sell etc. His exact words were “Oh it’s not bad. We’re doing fine “.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,381 Posts
Indeed. No inventory tax, no inventory maintenance (moving, washing, charging cars), few to no discounts... Dealers and automakers are making huge profits. I fully expect leaner inventories to remain even after the chip shortage resolves.
It's a pretty good deal for them when they sell them straight off the truck, at above MSRP, without even trying. And they probably have half the staff they used to have....

This is a Honda dealer inventory lot in Virginia. I think I’m going to wait until next year. View attachment 417095
Now you know where to go do donuts this winter when it snows... 😁

·
Registered
2010 RTL
38 Posts
Indeed. No inventory tax, no inventory maintenance (moving, washing, charging cars), few to no discounts... Dealers and automakers are making huge profits. I fully expect leaner inventories to remain even after the chip shortage resolves.
Just in time inventory. Definitely saves them money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
UPDATE - My sales guy called and told me they're still having transportation issues. He's been calling me weekly to make sure I know they haven't forgotten about me and he reassures me it's on the way. Currently it's in Tennessee. Apparently they're having trouble finding transport drivers. It's possible it could get here by my birthday in Nov. so that could be a silver lining! :ROFLMAO:

621 - 640 of 655 Posts