Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
641 - 655 of 655 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
From Maine....

Couldn't find one here. Found one at Lundgren Honda in Auburn MA
With a $500 deposit I was able to get an allotted 2021 RTLE, Radiant Red at MSRP pus doc of 500.
Traded in a 2019 CRV EXL as part of deal

It took two months to get it. It was built around 8/21.
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle
Picking it up tomorrow.
Exited.
Very happy with dealer, would recommend.

·
Administrator
20,139 Posts
There are fewer than 700 2021 Ridgelines left for sale nationwide - less than 10% of "normal" levels. It looks like 2021 production has come to a close.
Two months later, inventory listings for new 2021 Ridgelines have nearly doubled to nearly 1,314. The 2022 Ridgeline has been on Honda Canada's website for months. The 2022 Owner's Manual and PDI instructions were released over a month ago, yet there's been no peep about the 2022 model in the US.

Until recently, the Sport trim dominated inventory listings. For the first time since the 2021 Ridgeline went on sale earlier this year, it's now in the minority.

Currently, inventory consists of:

39% RTL-E
25% Sport
25% RTL
11% Black Edition

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been wanting to buy RL, RTL-E since Honda offered 0% financing. That was around Oct. 2020. Wanted red with cream interior and none was available. Believe me, I spent hours, days researching online calling, emailing dealership Nationwide, etc etc. By Feb. 2021 I still couldn’t get what I wanted and the new 2021 started to come out allegedly, so I waited. Long story short, in June, 2021 a low mileage used 2020 Red RTL-E popped up on my radar so I bought it, sight unseen and had it shipped to my front door. Anyway, that was my experience. My advise for anybody looking for RL in Red or Blue is be patient and get ready to pay full price. Good Luck !!!!!

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
248 Posts
Please do not listen to any dealers that are saying inventory is starting to pick up etc. The data does not support that at all and the number of vehicles now not being produced is supposed to be near 10million.

Font Rectangle Line Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
2010 RTL
38 Posts
Back at the dealership today to have my CRV serviced. Always like to see what they have instead of just waiting in the lounge.
so here it is:
2021 Black edition Ridgeline color: Black
MSRP with transportation $45145
Market adjustment $5000!
Splash guards $172
wheel locks $117
Total before OTD $51080
Doc fee $799 non negotiable
Taxes?

·
Registered
21 Platinum White Sport
248 Posts
Back at the dealership today to have my CRV serviced. Always like to see what they have instead of just waiting in the lounge.
so here it is:
Market adjustment $5000!
Splash guards $172
wheel locks $117
Total before OTD $51080
Taxes?
that’s ridiculous- I can only imagine that the person who buys that just has so much money that they don’t even care about a measly 5k. The people who finance and pay that extra 5k are putting themselves in a bad spot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
so here it is:
Market adjustment $5000!
Splash guards $172
wheel locks $117
Total before OTD $51080
Taxes?
Market Adjustment 5k is just nuts. So glad I got mine when I did.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Funny,
With the shortage on chips, limited supply at dealer, and some dealers not willing to discount I will be in a holding pattern.
Might wait till the 2022 come out.
I think we're looking into 2023 before the chip excuse disappears.

On the flip side, trade in values are higher than normal. But the dealers always win.

PS. Tellurides are commonly hit with dealer mark ups o $5k. Personally with almost no kids at home, I'd rather have a $55k MDX before a $50k overpriced Telluride.

·
Super Moderator
2,187 Posts
I read a good article recently that said that automakers have forced themselves into this corner by buying chips that are obsolete and cheap to make. Hence no chip manufacturer wants to make these cheap chips due to low income. Hence no one will build a (gazillion dollar) fab plant to make the chips needed now. Redesigns are needed for these products and that takes time along with testing for reliability and failures. No car maker will move quickly in these directions. Cheap rules in production autos.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Market Adjustment 5k is just nuts. So glad I got mine when I did.
It's like so many other things these days. I'm an avid shooter and ammo has been ridiculous for the past 18 months...yet as soon as it pops up for stupid prices....people buy it.

I tend to make purchasing decisions based on my income and financial situation. $5000 is a lot of money to me. But to some people $5000 is nothing. I know someone who bought a $1600 salad bowl because it was "pretty". There are people who buy $10,000 wrist watches that don't tell time any better than a Timex.

It's like Michael Jordan said years ago when he was asked if he had a gambling problem after losing a large sum of money on a golf game. He said something to the tune of that amount of money, to him, is like someone else betting $100.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier Pro 4x
152 Posts
I think we're looking into 2023 before the chip excuse disappears.

On the flip side, trade in values are higher than normal. But the dealers always win.

PS. Tellurides are commonly hit with dealer mark ups o $5k. Personally with almost no kids at home, I'd rather have a $55k MDX before a $50k overpriced Telluride.
I think you are right on 2023 for the chips. Heard a report yesterday that supply may not normalize till sometime in 2023.
That is ok. I am happy with my low mileage Pro4x.

Kia and Hyundai seem to get favorable reviews on some of their models. I just not convinced with their long term quality.
I won't consider buying when there is a "mark up". I don't like the dealer addons that the majority seem to do upon delivery.

The more time goes by I may be leaning more towards an small to mid size SUV. I don't use the pick up bed like I use to. Will be interesting to see what comes out in the next few years.

·
Registered
2010 RTL
38 Posts
From Maine....

Couldn't find one here. Found one at Lundgren Honda in Auburn MA
With a $500 deposit I was able to get an allotted 2021 RTLE, Radiant Red at MSRP pus doc of 500.
Traded in a 2019 CRV EXL as part of deal

It took two months to get it. It was built around 8/21. View attachment 417447 Picking it up tomorrow.
Exited.
Very happy with dealer, would recommend.
My mother lives in Auburn. Nice catch!! Beautiful truck.

641 - 655 of 655 Posts