Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We need a 245 club, this size was popular among G1 so im surprised we havnt seen more.

Here is a picture with 17" x 8 45mm wheels (stick out 10mm more than stock) with 245/70 tires installed: (from tire rack continental terraincontact h/t)

More Details:

Please post your 245 tire pictures

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for posting this Plex. I've spent the past two weeks reading and re-reading the 265, and 255 club boards. I've decided (for now) to go with Terrain Contacts A/T 245/70/17 SL, and put them on Black Rhino Warlords (I know I maybe waiting a long time for them).

I know everyone has to buy what's right for them, but can you take me though your decision process for why you chose the H/T or A/Ts? I'm assuming yours are S load not E load.

I'm also assuming I'll have no rubbing issues with the +35mm offset on the Warlords.

Thanks again, and lets see more pics from other angles.

Goose

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
As many of you know, Jsport has been using 245/70/R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers (v.1) mounted on custom XD wheels (offset not revealed) with some of their 1.5" G2 RL leveling kits. Those Nittos are spec'd slightly smaller (30.3" diameter) than industry average for the 245/70/17. Jsport claims that the RL's factory specs are maintained and there's no rubbing, but obviously ride height and front ground clearance is changed. I think I read somewhere that they acknowledged the need to re-align the headlights but there is no mention on their website of any issues with Honda Sensing. I still have to wonder about that though.

It would be awesome if ROCers who have installed Jsport kits would weigh in with their own experiences, especially those who have racked up many miles with the modified suspension and upsized tires.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you take me though your decision process for why you chose the H/T or A/Ts? I'm assuming yours are S load not E load.

I'm also assuming I'll have no rubbing issues with the +35mm offset on the Warlords.

Thanks again, and lets see more pics from other angles.

Goose
well i wanted a better ride feel, i think taller sidewalls provide (as far as what i was looking for) they are a more "pillowy" feel. I originally was set on the A/T tires, but went with the brand new H/T tires because i very rarely go offroad, 99% of my driving is on the highway and i wanted a quiet ride, which these definitely provide more so than A/T. they are the S load.

Theres plenty of space, you should not have any rub issues especially with 35mm offset!

im going to was and wax this afternoon so i will try to remember to grab more pictures

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
We need a 245 club, this size was popular among G1 so im surprised we havnt seen more.

Here is a picture with 17" x 8 45mm wheels (stick out 10mm more than stock) with 245/70 tires installed: (from tire rack continental terraincontact h/t)

View attachment 394849

More Details:
View attachment 394850

Please post your 245 tire pictures
Nice, remember your mpgs and miles driven will be off on the computer, I did it to my G1. Just have to do it by hand to figure out miles per gallon and use a Garmin for my speed. Your speeds looks correct, my miles were for every 10 it registered about 9 (approx.). Wish it could be recalibrated on the honda like other trucks or can it now.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i actually prefer the miles to register less :)

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
As many of you know, Jsport has been using 245/70/R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers (v.1) mounted on custom XD wheels (offset not revealed) with some of their 1.5" G2 RL leveling kits. Those Nittos are spec'd slightly smaller (30.3" diameter) than industry average for the 245/70/17. Jsport claims that the RL's factory specs are maintained and there's no rubbing, but obviously ride height and front ground clearance is changed. I think I read somewhere that they acknowledged the need to re-align the headlights but there is no mention on their website of any issues with Honda Sensing. I still have to wonder about that though.

It would be awesome if ROCers who have installed Jsport kits would weigh in with their own experiences, especially those who have racked up many miles with the modified suspension and upsized tires.
I believe it is the same +34mm offset for their 17" wheel. Their 18" wheel is advertized as a +34mm offset.
Post #80 includes the part numbers (https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/threads/245-70-17.212970/page-4). I still do not believe JSport wheels are anything special than the off-the-shelf offering.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I still do not believe JSport wheels are anything special than the off-the-shelf offering.
Generally, think you are right but JSport advertises their PreRun wheels as being hub-centric and no mention of hub-centric with their Chase wheel (called Heist by KMC). I don't think KMC advertises any of their wheels as hub-centric for the Ridgeline. https://jsportusa.com/product/jsport-pre-run-wheel/

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Generally, think you are right but JSport advertises their PreRun wheels as being hub-centric and no mention of hub-centric with their Chase wheel (called Heist by KC). I don't think KC advertises any of their wheels as hub-centric for the Ridgeline. https://jsportusa.com/product/jsport-pre-run-wheel/
XD12878552734 was the part number I included in the thread from the link and it is the same hub bore of 64.1mm that JSport states.

XD12878552734 specs >>>>> https://www.customwheeloffset.com/buy-wheel-offset/XD12878552734/xd-xd128-17x85-34-custom-wheels

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have to say after a couple 100 mile trips im very happy with the new Continental TerrainContact H/T 245/70R17 110T SL tire, reducing wheel(24lb Sport Terrain TK7)/tire weight(34lb) also has made the truck feel a little quicker. I would recommend these to anyone, but i have never tried the "highly rated" michelin defender h/t to compare.. they are certainly quieter than the sumitomo encounter h/t i had on the stock wheels. The speedometer is fast by 1mph on the HWY.

These wheels 45mm offset also slightly pushed out the tires enough to look better after the 1.5" front level kit.

happy to be on 17" going forward

·
Registered
3 Posts
Joined the 245/70/17 club last week and wanted to share my setup and short term review.

I decided on some XD Holeshot rims 35mm offset with Wrangler Duratrac tires. I have about a weeks worth of around town, highway and some light trails. No rubbing thus far but I can see it having the potential to rub at full lock over a large obstacle. I do plan on getting a 1" or 2" lift eventually, but this setup got me 1 and 3/8" more ground clearance from my stock setup (10kmile on firestone destination LE2)... I'm getting a 1.5 mpg hit over two fill ups.

These tires do make noise. They aren't "loud" but are noisier then stock. Do not get this tire or any aggressive AT tire if your looking for a comparable cabin noise ride to your stock ride. I chose this tire because I'm parting ways with my Subaru Forester which always had AT tires. I live on a mountain and need an aggressive tread for winter time and the flexibility to hit up an unmarked forest road for some disbursed camping with the kids and wife.

Overall I'm happy when the look and ride but I'll update as I put some more miles on them but wanted to spitball my thoughts. Thanks for all the people posting info to help me and others decide.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im glad i decided to stick with highway tires because i almost went with the terraincontact a/t, after a few thousand miles on my terraincontact h/t tires they are still ultra quiet, its worth the peace and quiet going down the road. the extra sidewall has been noticeably smoother riding also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got some ridge grapplers on mine and I'm constantly rubbing against everything. They look great and have already pulled me out of some tight situations (I constantly off-road for work) but I desperately need to figure out my rubbing issue. Been debating on getting a 2" level bus still weighing possible CV axle pros and cons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts