Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had Discount Tire test fit a 265/60/18 BFG KO2 tire...next thing I knew, I was driving home with a new set of KO2 tires. :grin:

I cut the wheel left/right and drove it in reverse/forward, and I can report absolutely NO rubbing. So far, I've driven about 100 miles and no issues.

The Ridgeline looks SIGNIFICANTLY better with beefier tires. They're a little louder than the stock tires, but not by much.

I'm looking forward for Truxx to come out with their leveling kit to give the front a bit more room.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks Awesome!! I will need a more agressive tread come ski season. Good to know 265 might work depending on tire. I really liked the Toyo open country II at2 on my G1. You have given me hope they might work on the G2! Thanks for posting !

·
Registered
96 Posts
So how does the tire swap work with Discount? Do they give you a good discount for your old tires, or did you buy the new ones full price and are going to try and sell the old ones?
I often see people getting new tires on new trucks and just wonder what's the norm.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how does the tire swap work with Discount? Do they give you a good discount for your old tires, or did you buy the new ones full price and are going to try and sell the old ones?
I often see people getting new tires on new trucks and just wonder what's the norm.
Funny, because they actually charge you nominal tire disposal fee for your old tires. Since my original tires only have 200 miles on them, I kept them. I have them posted on CL.

For a number of years now, I've purchased tires/wheels from both DT and DTD. They typically have the best prices, and if not, they'll match the competitors. Their customer service has been top notch.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Awesome! My new favorite thread right here as I've been waiting on someone to put these on and post pictures, thank you!

How is the acceleration and gas mileage affected? Any balancing issues?

I love those tires, but my reservation is that they're HEAVY. They're E rated, correct?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Has anyone tried to fit a 255/65 tire yet? Its a little taller than the 265/60 but not as wide.. I cant find anyone who has tried it yet, do you think it would fit?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Has anyone tried to fit a 255/65 tire yet? Its a little taller than the 265/60 but not as wide.. I cant find anyone who has tried it yet, do you think it would fit?
Someone has pictures up. I forget the thread but search for 255/65/18

EDIT: Found it, http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/138-second-generation-2017/137394-ridgeline-gen2-picture-thread-27.html#post2113386
I'm between these two sizes as well. I'd like to make my decision before I get the truck so I can salvage most of the value out of the stock tires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How is the acceleration and gas mileage affected? Any balancing issues?
I haven't noticed a difference with the acceleration, but keep in mind that I don't really push it too hard. So far, the mpg has dropped 0.5. I'm expecting to get 1 less mpg. My previous truck was getting roughly 14mpg, so getting 18-19 mpg makes it feel like a Prius. Absolutely no issues with balancing. I've probably put on 10 larger tires in the last 5 years and I've never had an issue with balancing.

255/65/18 tires in the front may look a bit stuffed. You may want to wait until Truxx comes out with their leveling kit. I'm definitely going to install it once it comes out!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Jigaloo! Those KO2s look "manly" on your Ridgeline! Cool!

Here's the OEM tire upsized to 255/65 R18, in the front wheel well .. as requested by another ..

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm almost certain that I'll end up going with the Michelin Premier LTX in 255/65/18. They won't look as aggressive but they've got a decently attractive sidewall (minimalistic) and the on road performance is hard to beat (according to reviews everywhere). They're .2" smaller than the LE2's and the same width, so they should fit. They also happen to be the one of the lightest in that size. Pricey but from the reviews they seem worth it.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I'm almost certain that I'll end up going with the Michelin Premier LTX in 255/65/18. They won't look as aggressive but they've got a decently attractive sidewall (minimalistic) and the on road performance is hard to beat (according to reviews everywhere). They're .2" smaller than the LE2's and the same width, so they should fit. They also happen to be the one of the lightest in that size. Pricey but from the reviews they seem worth it.
I'm looking at the Premier LTX and agree...the reviews are amazing. My tire dealer thinks I might even be able to just use them all year instead of swapping out to snow tires in the winter....still contemplating that, though. Tire rack reviews have them performing better in snow and ice than the dedicated snow tires. Personally, I'm skeptical of that; however, will continue to research. We do have a set of passenger car Premiers on our Avalon and my wife was impressed by how well her car behaved last winter in the ice and snow.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm looking at the Premier LTX and agree...the reviews are amazing. My tire dealer thinks I might even be able to just use them all year instead of swapping out to snow tires in the winter....still contemplating that, though. Tire rack reviews have them performing better in snow and ice than the dedicated snow tires. Personally, I'm skeptical of that; however, will continue to research. We do have a set of passenger car Premiers on our Avalon and my wife was impressed by how well her car behaved last winter in the ice and snow.
Yeah you've gotta watch out for the reviews a bit. I'm not an expert, but I'm guessing that the rating is based on the category of tire. The Premier LTX is all season and they rate it at the top of snow/ice performance compared to all other all season tires. Someone who buys an all season and rates it isn't going to expect it to be awesome on ice. But someone who buys an ice tire wants good ice performance and will rate it accordingly. I have no doubt that a dedicated winter tire would perform better in snow/ice. It's just that the winter tire is rated against other tires in its category.

The ratings aren't an exact science either of course, but many first hand reviews from people show that the Premier LTX is the cream of the crop in the touring/all-season category. Now I don't know how that compares to the highway/all-season category, which is where tirerack has the M/S 2 listed. The tread pattern of the M/S 2 looks more aggressive than the Premiere LTX so I would expect better winter weather performance out of it, but you never know, tread pattern doesn't tell the whole story.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looking to join the 265 club also, but not sure what to do for the spare tire? Anybody try and find a donut spare that will fit in the trunk?
I am not looking to go full size, just to get me to the tire repair. Also if you drive in sand mode, will you be able to use the spare it comes with?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
you're going from a 9.6" width stock to a 10" width...should be fine.

the height difference is 1.5 "/2-->> increased ride height of 0.75"

I got 255/55/18...same width..and there's plenty of room left ( no rub )
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/138-second-generation-2017/142697-255-55-18-grappler-g2.html

do your comparison here:
https://tiresize.com/calculator/

(right click on image and open in new tab for details )

~~~

Attachments

1 - 20 of 468 Posts