Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

The Ridgeline "265" Tire Club

645K views 935 replies 288 participants last post by  Vinny in ATX 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

I had Discount Tire test fit a 265/60/18 BFG KO2 tire...next thing I knew, I was driving home with a new set of KO2 tires. 😁

I cut the wheel left/right and drove it in reverse/forward, and I can report absolutely NO rubbing. So far, I've driven about 100 miles, and no issues.

The Ridgeline looks SIGNIFICANTLY better with beefier tires. They're a little louder than the stock tires, but not by much.

I'm looking forward Truxx to coming out with their leveling kit to give the front a bit more room.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Sport utility vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

See less See more
#7 ·
Funny, because they actually charge you nominal tire disposal fee for your old tires. Since my original tires only have 200 miles on them, I kept them. I have them posted on CL.

For a number of years now, I've purchased tires/wheels from both DT and DTD. They typically have the best prices, and if not, they'll match the competitors. Their customer service has been top notch.

#8 ·
Awesome! My new favorite thread right here as I've been waiting on someone to put these on and post pictures, thank you!

How is the acceleration and gas mileage affected? Any balancing issues?

I love those tires, but my reservation is that they're HEAVY. They're E rated, correct?

#13 · (Edited)
How is the acceleration and gas mileage affected? Any balancing issues?
I haven't noticed a difference with the acceleration, but keep in mind that I don't really push it too hard. So far, the mpg has dropped 0.5. I'm expecting to get 1 less mpg. My previous truck was getting roughly 14mpg, so getting 18-19 mpg makes it feel like a Prius. Absolutely no issues with balancing. I've probably put on 10 larger tires in the last 5 years and I've never had an issue with balancing.

255/65/18 tires in the front may look a bit stuffed. You may want to wait until Truxx comes out with their leveling kit. I'm definitely going to install it once it comes out!

#21 ·
Below is the picture from the back. Love it!

Also a pic of my other Honda... :grin:

Attachments

#16 ·
I'm almost certain that I'll end up going with the Michelin Premier LTX in 255/65/18. They won't look as aggressive but they've got a decently attractive sidewall (minimalistic) and the on road performance is hard to beat (according to reviews everywhere). They're .2" smaller than the LE2's and the same width, so they should fit. They also happen to be the one of the lightest in that size. Pricey but from the reviews they seem worth it.

#17 ·
I'm looking at the Premier LTX and agree...the reviews are amazing. My tire dealer thinks I might even be able to just use them all year instead of swapping out to snow tires in the winter....still contemplating that, though. Tire rack reviews have them performing better in snow and ice than the dedicated snow tires. Personally, I'm skeptical of that; however, will continue to research. We do have a set of passenger car Premiers on our Avalon and my wife was impressed by how well her car behaved last winter in the ice and snow.

#19 ·
Looking to join the 265 club also, but not sure what to do for the spare tire? Anybody try and find a donut spare that will fit in the trunk?
I am not looking to go full size, just to get me to the tire repair. Also if you drive in sand mode, will you be able to use the spare it comes with?

#22 · (Edited)
#23 ·
looks great, how a truck is supposed to look :D

i think ive decided on these: Michelin*Defender LTX M/S

anyone try these tires before?

I want quiet tires that still have a bigger tread look like A/T tires, these are the only thing i can find that look beefier but not A/T
Well, there's always snow tires. They look more aggressive than A/T tires. Only problem is severe wear when temps are above 45 degrees. Heck, they probably grip rocks better than A/T tires, too...and may be cheaper...but probably no 8- or 10-plus available. :p

#24 ·
Ive heard the defenders are great for light off road and even grip OK on snow/ice in the winter time (Driving on lake ice fishing), all while being quiet on the highway and better on the MPG than A/T.. plus they look a little more truck-like than stock tires.

All around i cant find a better tire for year-round usage, and i plan to get 255/65 instead of 265/60 because they are a little taller sidewall.

#27 ·
Thank you to all the Ridgeline owners that have posted to this forum. I have found the information interesting and helpful.

Joined 265 Club.

My first posting for a 2017 RT Sport G2.

Installed 265/60r18 XL Nitto Terra Grappler A/T G2 tires. The XL (extra load) tires are a better fitment than the LT E rated 10 ply all-terrain tires. The LT tires for this size can weigh 50 pounds or more for each tire. The Nitto TG 265/60r18 XL weigh 38 pounds. The original tires Firestone Destination LE2 245/60r18 weigh 33 pounds. Therefore these Nitto TG's in the larger 265 size add an extra 20lbs below the vehicle's suspension (reasonable) whereas an LT tire such as the BFG KO2 in this same size would add 68lbs below the vehicle's suspension (unreasonable in my opinion, but certainly do-able and possible).

The Nitto TG's G2 add minimal road noise, nothing that you might notice, especially if you were not paying attention to the noise, or had the radio or stereo on. I have these XL tires (max pressure 50psi) inflated at 35psi, some people recommend 41 psi for this XL tire. The ride is now a bit stiffer due to reinforced sidewalls in the XL tire, I do like this feel, as it feels more truck like. I did find the original RT G2 ride too soft for my liking, too car-like in my opinion, however a type of ride which some other drivers may certainly appreciate.

I should also mention that I do have the Truxxx 1-1/2" leveling kit installed which nearly eliminated the front-end rake of the 2017 Ridgeline. A very good decision in improving the aesthetics of the truck. I mention this though, because I would certainly recommend the 265/60r18 tire size for the truck (the largest tire I believe this truck can accommodate) but keep in mind I do have that 1-1/2" front end lift. With the 265/60r18 Nitto TG G2 XL tire I still have an inch of space between the tire and the wheel well, even at full turn. I can place my hand around the entire tire with my hand when checking for clearance.

Keep in mind this tire size may affect the reading of the speedometer and odometer when measuring road speed and mph. However it is only affected by 3%. Driving 33 mph, off by 1 mph, 66 mph off by 2 mph, and 99 mph off by 3 mph. I manage and evaluate this difference by believing that automotive manufacturers calibrate their speedometers by running them a little "hot" to avoid liability, therefore the 3% difference between the 245 and 265 tire makes the speedometer more accurate.

Other modifications and accessories, Weathertech floor mats front and back fit perfectly and look sharp. Powder coated brake calipers. Retrax Pro MX tonneau cover (matte black).

I would certainly recommend the Retrax Pro MX tonneau cover. It looks sharp, and operates well. My plan is to place the drain tubes from the canister when I get the BedRug mat on order, which is expected to ship first of the year 2017.

I do recommend the the Retrax Pro MX if you don't mind giving up a foot of cargo in the front end, still some space under the unit. The truck is utilized in our household as a sport utility truck, and not a work truck. Secondly, keep in mind the under bed trunk cover lid will be restricted to some degree. Do your own research to determine if acceptable. My son, whose truck it belongs (nice dad) was disappointed at first with the lid restriction and the partial loss of light from the cargo bed side wall light. However after getting the unit installed and using it, he loves it. You can still reasonably access the trunk with the tonneau cover even closed, placing and taking out groceries. Also you will get another 5 inches or so if access when the tonneau cover is pulled back. I plan on perhaps wiring a light into the trunk (not necessary) and also purchasing a Dynolock or Pop n Lock aftermarket tailgate lock (remote controlled by key FOB) to fully secure the truck bed (necessary).

The Retrax Pro MX could possibly be designed with bed wall cap flanges that mimic the Ridgeline aerodynamic design, a liitle odd at first, but definitely get use to it). The Ford F-150 has the same aerodynamic issue. If you want a tonneau cover that sits inside the truck bed walls with a "square" flush look, consider the BakFlip tonneau cover expected out in January 2017. I straddled between these products, but decided on the Retrax due to overall durability and expected longevity of the product. Although I do believe the BakFlip appears just a bit more sleek, but you needed to fold it up for truck bed access. Lastly when you want full access to your bed you need to fold the BakFlip against your rear window, obstructing your view. When exactly do you want a full unobstructed view of your bed? Yes, when your truck bed is full of stuff. I am happy with the Retrax, but I suppose I could have been happy with the BakFlip product just as well. However, I would have become disappointed with the product down the road when it began to deteriorate. This Retrax Pro MX will definitely last the lifetime of the truck.

I will attempt to add some pics (couldn't figure it out, so pics are in Ridgeline "Garage" gallery).

I think most Ridgeline owners will appreciate how the 265/60r18 tires fill out the wheel wells. So with the leveling kit adding 1-1/2 inches and the tires adding 1/2 inch to the height of the vehicle, I now have the truck sitting a full two inches higher, and leveled. That may not seem like a lot, but the truck now looks like a truck, and I am happy, and so is my son.

If there are any questions I will attempt to answer them over the next two weeks.

#28 ·
Omg they really fit and you have no lift what so ever. Great my favorite tire of all time. Will last forever also looks great on your truck.will be putting them on my 2017 rtl soon.i see they are the ta ko2 tire but if they fit original ta ko bfg should also fit

#30 ·
Please note that the KO2 sizes that fit new Ridgeline are E rated tires and with it comes a huge weight penalty. As you can see there are a lot of guys that don't care but then there are others that aren't even sure what weight ratings are.

#38 ·
Hey man, I put 255/55/18 KO2 on my 2G Ridgline, I noticed in your post you said you ended going home with 265/60/18 KO2's from Discount Tire. I thought i was really close to the inside shock tower with mine and thought i couldn't go any bigger. Do you have any rubbing with these tires or do you have aftermarket add ons to fit them.

#39 ·
265 60 18s fit just fine. If they rub it's usually on the fender liner inboard rear of the front wheel wells.

Either size will not hit the strut.

Reactions: noside85