Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

441 - 460 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Nokians WR SUVs are my favorite tires having had one set of G3s and two sets of G4s on a couple of Honda SUVs. I think if you don't plan on running chains and you stay with the stock wheel or a wheel with stock specs you should be ok. I have the 255/60-18 WR SUV G4 on my 2019 right now because I didn't want to deal with any fitment issues and I was traveling to Minnesota in the Winter for a family emergency.
I had the WR G3 on my Mazda CX5 and loved them. I will probably go with the newer G4 but I am wondering if the larger 265 will fit the ridgeline. I am assuming from your post the 255 do not rub, yet do you think that I could get away with another size up?

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I am assuming from your post the 255 do not rub, yet do you think that I could get away with another size up?
The 255 on stock wheels do not rub. I think if you don't plan on running chains and you stay with the stock wheel or a wheel with stock specs you should be ok. I base this on a post saying the BFG AT KO in the 265 size did not rub. But caution, I think the poster did not do a real followup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks great!

Hi,

I had Discount Tire test fit a 265/60/18 BFG KO2 tire...next thing I knew, I was driving home with a new set of KO2 tires. 😁

I cut the wheel left/right and drove it in reverse/forward, and I can report absolutely NO rubbing. So far, I've driven about 100 miles and no issues.

The Ridgeline looks SIGNIFICANTLY better with beefier tires. They're a little louder than the stock tires, but not by much.

I'm looking forward for Truxx to come out with their leveling kit to give the front a bit more room.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The Nokians WR SUVs are my favorite tires having had one set of G3s and two sets of G4s on a couple of Honda SUVs. I think if you don't plan on running chains and you stay with the stock wheel or a wheel with stock specs you should be ok. I have the 255/60-18 WR SUV G4 on my 2019 right now because I didn't want to deal with any fitment issues and I was traveling to Minnesota in the Winter for a family emergency.
Im looking at tires how did they work out on that trip to Mn.. With that face looks like a front to rear rotation only?

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Im looking at tires how did they work out on that trip to Mn.. With that face looks like a front to rear rotation only?
They worked well but I did arrive and leave between snowstorms. I went on to Nashville for another family emergency so put about 5k miles on them. I have G4s. The G3s are directional (front to rear rotation) and the G4s are asymmetrical (inside & outside orientation) so I presume that I can do a five tire rotation (I have a full-size spare) on the G4s without issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Joined the 265 club today!!!

About 3 weeks ago I had the Truxxx 1.5" front only leveling kit installed. That took about 3.5 hours with a friend who is a mechanic. It should have taken about an hour less than that, went pretty well but the spacers had the scallop cut off centered so it was a big pain to get the top side tight - you could only get a wrench along side of it and not a socket on top.

I really like the improved look - I know the spacer was only about 1.5" tall - but it added about 3" to make it level.

Last week I ordered 265/60/18 General Grabber ATP from TireBuyer.com with the $100 rebate bringing the purchase price down to $535 and then paid a buddy of mine $50 last night to mount and balance. I was originally thinking of buying the Wildpeaks, Terrain Contacts or the Nitto Grabbers. I ended up going with the ATP's as it seems that all I read these were best for me as about 99.5% of the time I will be on pavement, but I also needed good winter traction in the Michigan winters! I will find out soon enough as those cold days how that works out as the days are numbered.

There is a very slight rub when I back up and crank the wheel all the way - but I think it will be fine....as they are only gonna continue to get smaller over time and not much need to have fully cranked :)

Attached are some before level, after level and then with new tires. Let me know your feedback - I think it came out looking pretty nice - looks more like a truck now!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
Looks nice. Be aware of snow/ice build-up in your wheel wells which will certainly increase rub during your Michigan Winters.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think it looks great. Seeing your truck with the leveling kit and stock tires makes me want to install the kit I have waiting in the garage (I was waiting till I needed to replace the tires)

Again, looks very good!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it looks great. Seeing your truck with the leveling kit and stock tires makes me want to install the kit I have waiting in the garage (I was waiting till I needed to replace the tires)

Again, looks very good!
Had a rough time between 265/60/18 and 255/60/18 Dynapro AT2. I went with the 265 which I anticipate will have some clearance issues in certain full turn offroad situations. So far normal street use no rubbing. My G1 Ridge had same size and did minor mod to plastic and on G2 am prepared for heat gun mod if needed. My advice is go with the 255 if you want no worries, but if willing to modify a bit or chance it go with 265 for the additional look. Pics are prior to 1.5 Truxxx front level which is next. I chose Truxxx because of the simplicity and still will be in camber spec. They both are great choices in tire size.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

I had Discount Tire test fit a 265/60/18 BFG KO2 tire...next thing I knew, I was driving home with a new set of KO2 tires. 😁

I cut the wheel left/right and drove it in reverse/forward, and I can report absolutely NO rubbing. So far, I've driven about 100 miles and no issues.

The Ridgeline looks SIGNIFICANTLY better with beefier tires. They're a little louder than the stock tires, but not by much.

I'm looking forward for Truxx to come out with their leveling kit to give the front a bit more room.
Hi there, I'm getting my truxxx 1.5 leveling kit installed soon and I'm looking to buy the same BFG size tires because of your report of non rubbing issues, which seems to happen with some other brands. Since it's been a couple of years now, are you still happy with your purchase? Road noise, Durability, Performance etc?

·
Registered
34 Posts
My take from previous experience is that BFG is the worst for fitment due to aggressive tread and broad shoulders plus they really hurt the ride quality due to extra sidewall construction. Even though I love the look and they are tuff, I always veer away from the KO2. Just personal preference.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
My take from previous experience is that BFG is the worst for fitment due to aggressive tread and broad shoulders plus they really hurt the ride quality due to extra sidewall construction. Even though I love the look and they are tuff, I always veer away from the KO2. Just personal preference.
Don't forget about the extra 20lbs a piece of unsprung weight hurting ride, acceleration, handling and fuel economy. . .oh and tread noise and rolling resistance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok so there has been some conflicting posts regarding tire brands and rubbing with a 265.
I'm now leaning towards the General Grabber AT2 255/60/18. This seems to be the magic number to gurantee fitment without rubbing. Not much smaller if you compare them side by side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone, been lurking here for too long, while i searched for my first new truck/ridgeline. Im am quite a noob when it comes to any kind of wheel upgrades. One of the first things I wanted to do is to uprgade tires/wheels. Ive heard that the the speedo reading will be different due to the larger wheel size. Does everyone here just deal with that difference, or is there a way to adjust it (if this is the wrong place for this, please delete and or lead me in the right direction.) thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the Continental Terraincontact A/T’s installed on my 2017 RL today. Driving about 225 highway miles tomorrow and again on Wednesday. I’m anxious to see the impact on ride quality, noise, and fuel economy versus the stock Firestone’s.
Question... should I be running a lower pressure given the extra width or should I stick with the same 35psi as the stock tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Everyone, been lurking here for too long, while i searched for my first new truck/ridgeline. Im am quite a noob when it comes to any kind of wheel upgrades. One of the first things I wanted to do is to uprgade tires/wheels. Ive heard that the the speedo reading will be different due to the larger wheel size. Does everyone here just deal with that difference, or is there a way to adjust it (if this is the wrong place for this, please delete and or lead me in the right direction.) thanks!
From what I’ve read, everyone just deals with the small difference because there’s not a reliable way to make the adjustment.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the Continental Terraincontact A/T’s installed on my 2017 RL today. Driving about 225 highway miles tomorrow and again on Wednesday. I’m anxious to see the impact on ride quality, noise, and fuel economy versus the stock Firestone’s.
Question... should I be running a lower pressure given the extra width or should I stick with the same 35psi as the stock tire?

It should say what the max psi is on the side of the tire.
I'm guessing that the technician put the proper air pressure when installing so I'd check to make sure that they are at least all the same. You will get better fuel mileage if they are aired up to the proper pressure. The only time you might want to run a lower pressure in your tires is for off road traction. A slightly deflated tire will give you more surface contact with the tread.

I'm not sure if all models have the air pressure monitoring system that can be viewed by scrolling through the menu screen. (Black edition does) This would be the easiest way to check your current tire pressure.

Out of curiosity what size tire did you go with?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It should say what the max psi is on the side of the tire.
I'm guessing that the technician put the proper air pressure when installing so I'd check to make sure that they are at least all the same. You will get better fuel mileage if they are aired up to the proper pressure. The only time you might want to run a lower pressure in your tires is for off road traction. A slightly deflated tire will give you more surface contact with the tread.

I'm not sure if all models have the air pressure monitoring system that can be viewed by scrolling through the menu screen. (Black edition does) This would be the easiest way to check your current tire pressure.

Out of curiosity what size tire did you go with?
I went with the 265/60R18’s.
They have a 44psi sidewall pressure. I assure you, 44psi is NOT the correct pressure. For now, I’m at 35psi per the stock tire recommendation on the vehicle label in the driver’s door jam.

·
Registered
11 Posts
From what I’ve read, everyone just deals with the small difference because there’s not a reliable way to make the adjustment.

I checked my speed today with GPS as compared to the speedometer and find that I’m only of 1-1.5 mph at 70.

441 - 460 of 497 Posts