Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

461 - 480 of 497 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I checked my paper today with GPS as compared to the speedometer and find that I’m only of 1-1.5 mph at 70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does it effect the tranny shift pattern. I would like to here of a recalculate tranny upgrade because of taller tires then worry about the off mpgs., went thru all this on my G1 and figured I might just leave this one alone on the G2.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I may be wrong but it seems to me based on comparing radar signs to my speedo that Honda (and maybe all mfgs) calibrate the speedos to be about 1mph slow. In which case going to a slightly larger tire may actually make your speedo more accurate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How does it effect the tranny shift pattern. I would like to here of a recalculate tranny upgrade because of taller tires then worry about the off mpgs., went thru all this on my G1 and figured I might just leave this one alone on the G2.
I’ve only had them one day but haven’t noticed anything unusual with the shifting... I’ll pay attention to it and will update if I notice anything unusual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went with the 265/60R18’s.
They have a 44psi sidewall pressure. I assure you, 44psi is NOT the correct pressure. For now, I’m at 35psi per the stock tire recommendation on the vehicle label in the driver’s door jam.

Thanks for the info. Does the tire rub on full turn in forward or reverse?
They have a 44psi sidewall pressure. I assure you, 44psi is NOT the correct pressure. For now, I’m at 35psi per the stock tire recommendation on the vehicle label in the driver’s door jam.

Thanks for the info.
Does the tire rub when the steering is fully turned in reverse or forward?

·
Registered
10 Posts

I found a site that might help you with your tire pressure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found a site that might help you with your tire pressure.
Thanks! That site is very helpful. Here’s what I determined from reading on their site and from their tire pressure charts by size...
Stock 245/60R18 105SL tires are recommended at 35psi based on the sticker in the driver’s door jam.
Using their chart for that size and 105SL rating class, 35psi in the stock tire is rated at 1,982 lbs.
The Continental Terraincontact A/T’s in 265/60R18 110SL according to the chart and selecting a load closest to 1,982 lbs leads to an inflation pressure of 30psi and a rating of 2,028 lbs. The pressure charts are attached.
I’ll drop down to 30 psi and see how that works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think 30 psi will result in a mushy/wallowy handling Ridgeline.
I’ve been running at 31 psi (cold) for the last two days. The ride quality is even better than it was at 35 psi and there’s no sense of mushy/wallowy handling. I’m very happy with 31 psi in these tires.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
I’ve been running at 31 psi (cold) for the last two days. The ride quality is even better than it was at 35 psi and there’s no sense of mushy/wallowy handling. I’m very happy with 31 psi in these tires.
I'll chalk it up to subjective evaluation for both of us. I typically run 41-42 with XL rated tires.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had a Truxxx 1.5 on gen1 RL and was very happy, cv boot fail at about 100kmi.
Now have gen2 RL 2019 with 700 mi and installed Truxxx 1.5 with Yokohama Geolander A/T 265/60/18 tires.
So far very good, smooth like stock ride and no rubbing. I like the simplicity of the Truxxx more than Traxda kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great forum. Thanks to all for posts. Here's an additional tool that was helpful in selecting 265/60R18 tires for a 2019 Ridgeline RTL: tiresize. com If you "browse tires by type" and enter your Ridgeline spec, it provides a very nifty chart when you click the "alternate sizes" button:

I ended up getting 265/60R18 Hancook Dynapro AT2 tires as they conform to the chart's recommendations and hit the sweet spot I was looking for (XL construction for off-road sturdiness, not too heavy, 3-peak snow rating, decent price, 60K tread warranty, etc.). No lift on the truck yet, but no rubbing so far. You can see most available tires when clicking on the size links in the chart, and then look at detailed specs. Note the difference in actual size, weight, load rating, etc. between the choices below:

Lastly, for anyone doing moderate off-roading or hauling serious weight, I would recommend getting XL ("extra load") rated tires instead of the SL (standard load) rated tires. The XLs are designed to have stronger sidewalls and better tread damage resistance (to rocks, etc.), and are rated to 2600 lbs load capacity per tire. I've also noticed that the stronger sidewalls appear to help with ground clearance.

So far the street ride and handling with the Hancooks at 36-38 psi has been exceptional. I will post an update when I've done some off-road challenges....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Follow up report:
1. Truxxx 1.5 front level installed.
2. Yokohama Geolander A/Ts G015, 265/60/18 installed
This is 2019 with 700 mi on stock Sport wheels, very happy so far. No rubbing on road, off road tbd.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Since XL rated tires typically carry maximum inflation of 51 psi cold, there is no danger of overinflation at 41 psi cold.
I think you’re missing the point of the article in the link. It’s not about the risk of bursting the tire due to overinflation, it’s about the negative impact of overinflation on stopping distance and handling due to centerline tread contact rather than even contact across the tread width. For every load on a tire, there is an optimal pressure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
265/60R18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac with 2 inch lift
I just got a new Ridgeline and going through the forum and came across your Ridgeline. Love the lift and tires. I also have a white Ridgeline. Can you tell me how you find the duratracs? and the 2 inch lift. Did you notice any differences in ride or noise? What about mileage. Any impact to the tech? Would love to listen to your thought processes of going with the lift and bigger tires. Any tire rubbing? Love the ride of the Ridgeline. What kit did you get Traxda. Any problems with the installation? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First Post!! Just got some new shoes. Black Rhino Warlords 17x8 with Falken Wildpeak AT3s 265/65/17. I'm selling the stock set if anyone is interested, PM me an offer, a good one.
Do you still have your 17” Warlords with 265s, and how do you like them? Any issues? They look great!

461 - 480 of 497 Posts